Thoughts about a possible band for next year

BenJAMin

Nov 17, 2002
Visit site
Since Glenn more or less got a Savatage reunion it got me to thinking about other bands that could be done in a similar vein. Why not try to get Accept back together for a one night only kind of thing? Udo is still kicking and he has Accept's drummer Stefan Kaufmann in his band playing guitar (Stefan hurt his back and can't drum anymore). Wolf is a photographer in Nashville and I read that Peter Baltes is working in NJ. I get the feeling they have no interest in working with Jorg Fischer so why not just have Stefan play guitar instead and just get Udo's drummer Lorenzo Milani to handle drums. Admittedly they aren't prog, but I think a reunited Accept would be nice for the festival. Anybody else agree?

I agree. ACCEPT will always rule in my book! If you miss ACCEPT as much as I do, check out Udo's brother, Peter Dirkschnieder's band, VANIZE - they are sooooo good at the ACCEPT vibe and it even has the same style vocals as Udo, but a little more melodic.

ooooh, is this the reunion thread?

CYNIC CYNIC CYNIC CYNIC CYNIC!!!!

also could get behind the Accept idea, and there's my perpetual wish for Helstar and Anacrusis to contend with as well...

Ryan (I know, I know, it's Gordian Knot now...)

I saw Accept a few times and they were pretty cool!!! Sure that would be a cool reunion but I would have to put the following above them:

Psychotic Waltz - this can be done, I am sure of it just need to fly Devon(aka Buddy) back to the states and get the rest of the guys from San Diego to Atlanta!!!

Conception - this is very do-able as well!

Crimson Glory - would be very cool to see them, just hope Midnight is all there for the show. :)

Cheers, Tony

BenJAMin said:
Since Glenn more or less got a Savatage reunion it got me to thinking about other bands that could be done in a similar vein. Why not try to get Accept back together for a one night only kind of thing? Udo is still kicking and he has Accept's drummer Stefan Kaufmann in his band playing guitar (Stefan hurt his back and can't drum anymore). Wolf is a photographer in Nashville and I read that Peter Baltes is working in NJ. I get the feeling they have no interest in working with Jorg Fischer so why not just have Stefan play guitar instead and just get Udo's drummer Lorenzo Milani to handle drums. Admittedly they aren't prog, but I think a reunited Accept would be nice for the festival. Anybody else agree?

Yep, this has been discussed before, but personally I welcome all Accept related posts. They are one of the few metal bands from that era that can still hold my attention and not sound dated. There weren't many bands out there that kicked as much ass as those guys. An Accept would be absolutely unreal, but even a UDO show would be great as well. Udo (the man) started Accept in 1972. He has been rocking for 32 years. Maybe that's not quite as long as guys like Ronnie Dio, but it's still commendable. In 1972, the only thing I was singing were Sesame Street songs. The guy is a living legend and I think UDO/Accept at PP would be great. I discovered Accept in 1985 andWolf Hoffmann quickly became my favorite guitarist. Almost 20 years later, he is still my favorite guitarist. I'm neither shy nor star struck and have met members from some of my fave bands like Dio, tadMorose, Vanden Plas etc, but if I were to meet Wolf Hoffmann face to face, I bet I would get weak in the knees. Wolf is da' man !!

Bryant