Thoughts on an Orange Dark Terror

benjy

Jun 8, 2012
Hey dudes, recently came upon a deal in my area to snag a dark terror for $350. I have been writing an EP and really want to re record with real guitars. Anyways what do you guys think about the amp for the price and in general? Thanks!

I actually think the Dark Terrors sound tight. But I'm not sure how easy it is to dial in, never had the chance to really mess around with one.

Do you have an excellent cab to run it through as well as decent mics and a decent room to record with? If not, you would probably better off using amp Sims for now. But at the same time it would be good micing practice. Can't say much for sound of the Dark Terror

I was looking for a good 1x12 to go with it I have a 57 but I have never recorded a miced guitar and I am not good at dialing in a tone in Pod or say a Lecto without it sounding weak.

I have my boring viper with emg 81 85s and then my all time favorite black tele I customized with hot rodded PU sh4 in the bridge.

Well dudes I got. Hooked it up to my egnator 1x12 and It sounds huge and delicious! Great buy! Oh btw the egnator is my secret weapon. It is very large 1x12 it's deep if that makes sense and the thing has soooooooo much bass. If you guys want sound clips ill try to post some this weekend.