Thoughts on new Arkona?

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
I think its pretty good, but I don't think its their best. At times the songs can get kind of boring, but when the energy is there the band is amazing.

Pretty much my thoughts. There are really great moments, but its not as consistent as the previous albums. A lot of the time it feels like the songs don't go anywhere. Also, I get the feeling that with this one they were deliberately trying really really hard to be aggressive and less "jolly" which doesn't work as well for them. It's a solid album, but I still prefer Vo Slavu Velikim.

Vozrozhdenie is my personal favorite album by Arkona. The rest, while good, don't even compete with the jolly folk perfection that is Vozrozhdenie.

Voz. is definitely a great album, one of the few "jolly" albums I really love. Only reason I like Vo Slavu Velikim more is that I prefer the folk instrument focus of the latter opposed to the more synth driven sound of the former.

This is an amazing album! Abso-friggin-lutely astounding.

When I bought it 3-4 months ago, I listened to the first track, liked it, and then moved on to a million other CDs.

I pulled it out of the stack yesterday and listened to it repeatedly. And I mean that. Repeatedly. This evening, it's been on repeat for three hours.

Arkona could very well be my new favorite folk/pagan-metal band.

Stunning.

Now I wish Arkona was coming to the U.S.!

I found most of their back catalog on eBay at a cheap price. I think it's their Russian distributor. Whatever. I will soon own three of their CDs for under $40 thanks to the magic of the Internet.

I really, really like this band!

One of the regrets of my life is getting pretty wasted prior to Arkona's set at Ragnaroek. Barely remember a single thing about their set. So I would be psyched if HC brought them stateside!

Now Thursday Arkona will play in Belgium, close to Antwerp.

Only €7 entrance!

JH Kadee
Barelstraat 111A
2880 Bornem (Belgium)

24.07.jpg

:worship: