thoughts on the new Atheist track?

Can't stand the mix. No space or breathing room, makes my head feel trapped in a box.
Quite like the music so far, some very cool riffage. Awesome vocals too!
I was worried it was going to be far worse than this, but this is so far pretty decent. Need to digest it more though.

Edit: seems a fair bit louder than their older stuff, so that would explain it.
But I dunno, maybe the CD's are all pretty loud too. I haven't heard Atheist on anything other than vinyl for about a year since I own all the picture disks.

Edit: seems a fair bit louder than their older stuff, so that would explain it.
But I dunno, maybe the CD's are all pretty loud too. I haven't heard Atheist on anything other than vinyl for about a year since I own all the picture disks.

Elements was louder than UP ... at least, the versions I have. Not sure about Piece of Time .. only ever had that on cassette

so put that in your pipe and smoke it you damn Atheist picture disc havin vinyl snob! :lol:

Yeah I remember my mp3 of Elements being louder than UP.
And piece of time on casette? Damn I can only imagine how filthy and delicious that sounded. Mmm..

*puts it in my pipe and goddamn SMORKS IT* >:}}}

but anyway it's pretty cheap to buy all 3 picture disks in one go from Relapse mate, even if you don't have a turntable you can put 'em on your wall :D

Yeah I remember my mp3 of Elements being louder than UP.
And piece of time on casette? Damn I can only imagine how filthy and delicious that sounded. Mmm..

*puts it in my pipe and goddamn SMORKS IT* >:}}}

but anyway it's pretty cheap to buy all 3 picture disks in one go from Relapse mate, even if you don't have a turntable you can put 'em on your wall :D

Well, being as it was a cassette, it was only filthy delicious sounding for about 10 plays ... then the high end went bye bye ;) By the time UP came out that thing sounded like a drunk guy riding a master fader

That actually IS an idea I should entertain .. with the picture discs and all. Problem is I get worried that if I do that, I'll go fuckin nuts and want to buy every album where I loved the cover art on PD ... I'll never get my new pres at that rate :D

Yeah, I feel you there man. But my black/coloured vinyls outnumber my picture disks with an outright RIDICULOUS ratio.
I have a portal 7", portal - seepia, suffocation - souls to deny and the 3 atheist records and I think that's about it. And I have about 60 or so records, so I wouldn't worry about it ruining your bank balance.

Awesome song. Real whack of UP from it, can't wait. I have Piece Of Time on vinyl, first pressing from back in the day, UP on cassette and the original Elements on cd. All of them are well worn. Might invest in the pic discs