Thoughts on the new disc

K

K

Finally got the new disc...had to settle for the jewel case without the bonus track because I just couldn't find the limited edition, and didn't want to wait until September 24 (the date CDNow and Amazon have for its release)...Anyway, I'm really digging it...I really think Doug Ott is one of the most underrated guitarists out there. What separates him from many of the other prog guitarists out there is that he has so much emotion going on in his stuff. Not only can he do the fast stuff, but he knows when to lay it in with some taste. And he's very much got his own sound too. Another plus. And of course you can say the same about the vocal work of Ted Leonard...he's got the range, but he knows how to use it. Plus I think Sean Flanagan does a great job of stepping in, and it's good to see Ed Platt back in the mix. Favorite tracks at the moment include "Under Fire," "Follow the Sun," "Seeds of Hate," "The Ultimate Gift." heck, the whole thing is good. I think fans of Juggling will definitely dig it. I've enjoyed the progression from each album, and this one is no exception. Keep up the good work.

>I really think Doug Ott is one of the most underrated >guitarists out there.

I don`t agree :rollin: ! I have played a lot of the cds to a lot of people (musicians, friends, friendly musicians, etc.) and all of them, ALL of them (Ok, I am repeating myself, but I don`t care :) ) loved Doug, although some did not like the music at all! (Hard to believe!)

Guido

Hey Guido my friend , I think K meant in the big picture :) and by the way K thanks so much for the post. Very much appreciated!

I can tell you all that Doug is right up there with the greats and not only does he write, produce, sing, play keys etc etc etc his Guitar skills are amazing. I have been at it since Doug and I picked up our first axes around 1980 and it is unbelievable to see how far this man has come!

Where is the cover article for Guitar Player Magazine I want to know!

Ed

Hi Ed,

I bet you have been asked this a million times, but I am asking again :cool: : Are there any basstabs from Enchant available on the web? My best friend and fellow bassplayer in our band has been looking for Enchant tabs for years and as he will return from his honeymoon (He went to Bali!!!! How can anyone afford that!) next week it would be a nice surprise to present some tabs to him to get his fingers working again...:evil:
(I bet he has played some other "instrument" for the last two weeks;) )

Guido

Hey there Guido

There are no Enchant tabs that I am aware of? I did see this site once where people have transcribed various bands, and a lot of them? but many were really far off! I checked some of Geddy,s lines and they were not really close?

I guess there would need to be much more demand first?

Thanks for even asking about this and for your totally cool post. Just e-mail me from my bio page if you really need to know a line or something, or have your lucky vacationing friend in Bali ask as well. Anytime.

Hey I think he might be playing the flute don,t you think?

Hi,

Thanks very much for your nice reply, Ed! Your support is highly appreciated and we will come back to your offer!
We have to get these fingers working again, somehow!
It`s a long way from the flute back to the bass :rollin: !

Guido