thoughts on this

darkness of erebos

New Metal Member
Nov 10, 2013
recorded my buddys rock band... thought i post it here and get some feed back.
thanks for listening!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your mix has way too much hi-mids, sounds pretty ear-grating honestly. Your mix balance is also weird sounding, hihat and overheads are too loud, vocals are too low, I can barely hear them. Guitars are also pretty thin sounding.

I would suggest you to listen to mix really low volume, just so you can barely hear there is any music playing and rebalance the whole thing so you can hear the main elements of your mix (vocals, snare, kick, guitars, bass etc.). Also if you have made any radical hi-mid boosts I'd suggest to reduce them drastically. Or if you have removed too much low-end.

Song seems to be pretty nice, but it's hard to listen in its current state. I hope this helps!

sm57 right on it. he wouldnt let me mess with the eq on the amp (jcm 900) it was all super high freq.
messing with it a little more... slowly getting better.

sm57 right on it. he wouldnt let me mess with the eq on the amp (jcm 900) it was all super high freq.
messing with it a little more... slowly getting better.

What the fuck...? I hope that you did at least get paid for recording that asshole and his ego... Anyway, I checked your latest mix on Soundcloud and it sounds much better. Hi-end is still harsh though (mainly OHs/hats), but at least the mix is listenable to some degree now.