Thoughts regarding the new "MTV2 HEADBANGER'S BALL"...

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
I'm getting drunk and still wanting to complain. Anyway, what are everyones thoughts about the "new" HEADBANGER'S BALL? I'm glad its back on, but I don't like a majority of the videos on the show. I dislike the following: MEMENTO, ADEMA, MOTORGRATER, DOWN THE SUN, POISON THE WELL, E TOWN CONCRETE,CHIMAIRIA, DISTURBED, etc...(too many to mention). But, I do like Ian Robinson's "HEAVY METAL HEADLINES" and am glad that classic videos are shown. I also have found the new LAMB OF GOD, S.Y.L, ANTHRAX, TYPE O NEGATIVE, B.L.S., and ALABAMA THUNDERPUSSY and ALCHEMIST videos to be quite interesting. I'm signing off. In the words of the infamous AC/DC, "HAVE A DRINK ON ME".

I haven't seen the show, but from videos ive downloaded off the internet with the "Headbangers Ball" Logo imprinted on the screen, I've seen that they have played some decent shit (Voivod, Meshuggah, Opeth). Also I heard that they played "Death - The Philosopher" so it probobly can't be all that bad.

it started out as crap but i think its slowly getting better w/ the showing of better videos and decent hosts(they had fucking slayer!). once the nu metal bands die off theyll play more good metal. my opinion.

sounds like the old headbanger's ball to me. only 30 minutes out of the 2 hour show was worth watching, but you sat through all the poison/warrant/other shit to get to the good stuff. Maybe I'll check this new one out. I for one find nu-metal less annoying than the old glam crap Rikki Poseurman loved so much.

Not real pleased with the host...he's ok but not a great personality really. Just the fact that we are seeing Opeth, Meshuggah, In Flames, Soilwork and Chimaira videos is a good start though. Will Nevermore get some airplay with the new one????