Thrash in style of Lamb Of God

Sounds really nice on the guitars. The drums could sound a bit better though. The guitars are also too upfront and would benefit from sitting lower in the mix. It will sound larger that way. Really killer guitar tone and playing. Good job.

Cheers,
George.

What's the signal chain on the guitars?

Just TSE X30 and keFIR.

Sounds really nice on the guitars. The drums could sound a bit better though. The guitars are also too upfront and would benefit from sitting lower in the mix. It will sound larger that way. Really killer guitar tone and playing. Good job.

Cheers,
George.

Thanks. The drums really are the weakest link in this mix. I'll try to make them a little better, but AD isn't exactly made for this kind of music. I'll also adjust the overall balance with fresh ears, hopefully it'll be better.

That's killer man I love it. I wish I could get tones like that..

if you had the time I have a few of my bands tracks up over at our myspace

www.myspace.com/thekarhugroove

would be awesome if you had any tips for me?

Killer job on yours man!

Joe

The riffs sound good, it's a shame that those are such short clips. Perhaps the drums should be a bit more upfront, otherwise it's good. Hard to judge based on Myspace sound quality.

Trying to get the vocals right, I've never had to mix 'em before so this is proving to be quite a task.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5798359/vox_2.mp3

Any opinions and especially advices are welcome.

They sound a bit heavy (bassy) this end, so maybe thin em out a tiny bit and boost the volume a touch?

If the volume boost doesn't make it fit better you could try boosting 1k or 5k to see which one allows it to punch through better.

Or even scoop out some freq's from the guitar around the same freq's the vocals are which off the top of my head I think is from about 500Hz and up can't really remember exactly where they are placed.