thrax not as active on stage as they used to be?

max

Apr 25, 2002
london
Visit site
dunno just a small observation from the london gig.
i know they're probably all in their forties now and alot of time has passed but i'm sure they used to be crazier and move around more on stage? (not that it matters).
frankie still was quite active but def. not as crazy as he used to be (doing those runs from left to right of the stage.)
scott just seemed to be standing there nodding his head and he barely moved from that spot where he was standing.
maybe i'm talking nonsense...anyone slightly agree??

They are in their late 30's. I hope I can still run around like that when I reach that age. I noticed that Scott did'nt do much in Manchester though. He just stood there. I can only remember seeing him stomping once.
I'd say John Bush is the most active though. He has some energy. He was all over the stage that guy and climbing up 15 feet speakers and diving off. Crazy bastard.

If you've seen footage from the Among the Living Tour of 87 and compare it with the Persistence of Time tour of 1990, there's a big difference there in their energy on stage. Some people have a lot of fuel in the tank, and others don't.

well man i dunno the shows i went to, they were giving it some, scottie still doing his jumps and trademark stomp..... i dunno they seemed to do enough to work everyone up to me :)

the boiys still fuckin rule.......for late 30's geez they still pound.......

have you guys been reading scotties journal :) they seem pretty pleased with how it all went :)

must be said slayer are very very dull livem unless you are luicky enough to see lombardo play, then you can just stare at him for the time, cos the "pit" ain't gonna take yer mind off things

personally i think anthrax still tear the walls down when they play......different for sure, but still way intense, best live band around :))))

You also have to consider that their parts are more intricate and hard to play now. They shouldn't risk sounding shitty to please people that want to see them jump. The ball is in your court when it comes to moving.

Scott did some crazy dancin in Holland!!!
Maybe they had a day off, I can say they were very,very active in Holland!!!!!!Too bad I wasn't too active , after an hour I was finished, so I just watched the show, and believe me Trax still had energy left!!!!