Three years gone

Deege

Aug 15, 2002
Ohio
www.sdmfworldwide.com
I can't believe it's been 3 years today since we lost Dimebag, Mayhem, Stoney, and Nate.
frown.gif

Let us never forget the sacrifices that Mayhem (Jeff Thompson), Stoney (Erin Halk), and Nathan Bray made that horrible night in order to save the lives of others.

If it wasn't for Jeff Thompson - Vinnie Paul and John Graham would no longer be with us.

If it wasn't for Erin Halk, who knows how many others would have been shot.

Let us always remember and thank Nathan Bray - he was such a brave person, quickly acting to jump onstage from the crowd and try to give CPR to Dimebag and Mayhem.

Also let us not forget John "Kat" Brooks...a man forever scarred by that horrible night - but one brave motherfucker who I am proud to have met, who also fought with the asshole killer trying to stop him, keeping him busy enough so that he didn't shoot anyone else.

Officer James Niggemeyer, for his heroic actions in putting a stop to the whole crazy scene. Who knows how many lives were saved by his actions. He definatly saved The Kat's life that night.

Also, Chris Paluska, Damageplan's acting tour manager at the time was shot while trying to put a stop to the scene...

Let us always be thankful for the brave police, ambulance, and fire personnel who responded to the scene so quickly and with such efficiency.

Let us think of the families of all of these individuals - anyone else in the audience who had to witness such a thing...

And of course let us remember Dimebag Darrell Abbott - the man who was always set out with one thing in mind - to make sure everyone else was having a great time. Let us always remember and crank the music that he blessed us with - it will live on forever.

And on a seperate note - December 8th is also the anniversary of when we lost John Lennon in a very similar incident in 1980. Whether you listen to rock, metal, country, whatever - Lennon had a huge influence on it - so Beatle fan or not, lets remember him and recognize his long lasting contributions to the music we listen to to this very day.

And let's hope that eventually the mental health issues that this country has get ironed out and more law enforcement officials, military officials, and schools are able to better recognize and diagnose paranoid schitzophrenia so that less and less of these crazy events happen.

Dimeribbon.gif

RIP Dime and all. :kickass: You are missed by us, but more importantly by those who knew you and loved you.

I'll save my rant on how we are creating mental health issues in this country with the drugs we administer for a later and more appropriate time.