Threshold covers Muse on new digital single

Threshold

Oct 22, 2009
200-sbh.jpg

Threshold's cover of the Muse song Supermassive Black Hole is out now as a digital single. The b-side is Slipstream (vocoder version).

Commented Threshold keyboard player Richard West: "Supermassive Black Hole was such a huge hit for Muse, it's become a modern classic and it's still in the top ten of the U.K. rock charts after 150 weeks! I hope Muse enjoy Threshold's reworking of their song; we've stayed fairly true to the original but with some added Threshold heaviness."

The cover version was originally released as a bonus track on the special edition digipack version of Dead Reckoning, but has only now been made available as a full digital release.

Listen now on MySpace
Download now from iTunes
Download now from Nokia Music
Download now from [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0032KBPPE?ie=UTF8&tag=threshold-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B0032KBPPE"]Amazon[/ame]

update: Amazon and play.com work only for uk-residents, while nokia music and iTunes work only by downloading and installing their clients. I keep looking for an installation-free way to download from outside UK.

update: Amazon and play.com work only for uk-residents, while nokia music and iTunes work only by downloading and installing their clients. I keep looking for an installation-free way to download from outside UK.

The Amazon download seems to work in Germany too. Perhaps you should have another look.

"We're sorry. We could not process your order because of geographical restrictions on the product which you were attempting to purchase. Please refer to the terms of use for this product to determine the geographical restrictions. We apologize for the inconvenience. "

that's probably because amazon.de exists, amazon.it doesn't

I would have prefered, if Threshold had done some new version with Damian Wilson on vocals. For instance, ELP's C'est La Vie.
Beautiful song, brilliant Damian's voice. It would sound awesome!!!

same as for the new edition of Dead Reckoning: they have just made a new release at no cost (apart from doing some cropping and desaaturating on the DR cover), just to keep their name in the headlines

Yeah, releasing a 3-year-old bonus track as a single now does little other than that. Thankfully there's that vocoder song, but I think I'd prefer the grunts anyway.

Guys, why not post some news on the new album instead?:kickass: