Threshold gig October 3rd

What can I say? WOW! What an awesome performance from the Threshold guys at Camden Underworld.

We arrived at the venue about 7:30pm and met up with PQ bassist Steve. Bumped into Charlie Farrell (who some of you may know) and had a quick word with Rich West (Threshold keys player) and Mac (vocals). Biomechanical then hit the stage with their brand of what I can only describe as metal (Pantera style) with a nu-metal twist. Not my cup of tea at all.....I have heard mention of them being the "future of power metal". Can't see it myself.

Anyway, Threshold hit the stage just after 9pm and proceeded to play one of the most enjoyable sets I've ever witnessed. The entire band seemed to be enjoying themselves immensely. Jon Jeary was bouncing around, throwing shapes and generally playing some great bass. Karl and Nick were riffing like there was no tomorrow! Rich's keys sounded amazing and Johannes drumming was simply devestating! And Mac....what a front man and what a voice!

Personal set highlights for me were "Phenomenon", "Fragmentation", "Light and Space" and encore "Long way Home".

After helping Karl and Rich pack up their gear, we hung round for an hour chatting and around 11:30 we had to make a move back to Waterloo Station to get the train home, eventually walking through my door at 1:35am with my ears still buzzing. Eventually hit the sack around 2:30am and then up at 6:15 ...argghhhh!!

The tour bus stiil hadn't arrived to collect the guys when we left...I hope they weren't left hanging for too long in Camden Town!

If you can get your hands on "Critical Mass" then grab it! You really won't be disappointed!:headbang:

wow. nice report!
it seems like you and the guys had a great time then! :D
i'm sure the concert was amazing. i'm going to see threshold live some time..yep :)
i ordered "critical mass" today, and i will have it by the end of next week! :headbang:

NP: threshold - phenomenon

Thanks for the review Symphony. It sounds a truly memorable gig. I must get to see Threshold sometime in the near future. I didn't see them a Bloodstock....I think I was getting some stuff signed. Have to say thet Critical Mass is never off the CD player in this house at the minute. It's awesome.

Originally posted by Symphony
What can I say? WOW! What an awesome performance from the Threshold guys at Camden Underworld.
Yep, seconded. I'm afriad that while Biomechanical weren't quite as bad as at Bloodstock, they're still nothing to write home about. But Threshold were excellent. I've just got back from Dio who was also on form, and tomorrow is Dragonforce/Falconer. All in all a pretty good weekend of metal :)

all is going well on the threshold tour
the prog power gig in Holland went down well with a great crowd response, Heavens Cry playing just before Threshold took the stage.

We then overnighted to Hamburg to an awesome venue called the slaughter house, great sound and light show coupled with a very enthusiastic crowd, this had the guys feeding off the crowd energy, this didnt quite match the London gig in sound and peformance but it was very close.

We are now at the route 66 in Beligium where Heavens Cry will support for the next 3 nights.

need to get a little more sleep soon too much beer ......
talk later but go and buy critical mass now if you dont have it
this work is Thresholds best yet, if you have hypothectical and thought that was good and thought they couldnt do better then IMHO your wrong

LooseUnit
route 66 internet cafe
13.52pm

hey Steve

yeqh the flyers are going well
man these french keyboards are hard to use so excuse the typos

people seem to be keen to hear the material
karl groom gave the mastered version so i just had a listen now at the venue

i think we could easily do a tour man no prob

ok see you soon

steve

going for a shower

Sure I'll do! I'll spend the whole day there, bringing my left-handed classical guitar and having fun with Madrigal & co. playing the Thresh tunes I can play! Wish all of the people of the Thresh forum were there!