Threshold Line-up status....

Torn2Shreds

Jan 3, 2005
New Jersey
I also posted this over at Thresh.net...

Ok I think we all know that the "current" line-up consists of: Richard West, Karl Groom, Johanne James, and Steve Anderson. Pete and Damian were asked to do the "Dead Reckoning" Tour Dates and they gladly accepted. Very cool indeed...

Now my question to you guys (especially Rich and Karl) is....

When are you going to make Pete and Damian full-time members of Threshold?

I remember talking to Pete at ProgPower last year and he told me that he was having the time of his life being a touring member of Threshold. I think he would be the logical choice to join, as it seems like Nick won't be coming back.

And also chatting with Damian, I asked if he would like to return. And his response was, "I would like to, we'll see what happens..."

So... Any takers????

Steve

I also posted this over at Thresh.net...

Ok I think we all know that the "current" line-up consists of: Richard West, Karl Groom, Johanne James, and Steve Anderson. Pete and Damian were asked to do the "Dead Reckoning" Tour Dates and they gladly accepted. Very cool indeed...

Now my question to you guys (especially Rich and Karl) is....

When are you going to make Pete and Damian full-time members of Threshold?

I remember talking to Pete at ProgPower last year and he told me that he was having the time of his life being a touring member of Threshold. I think he would be the logical choice to join, as it seems like Nick won't be coming back.

And also chatting with Damian, I asked if he would like to return. And his response was, "I would like to, we'll see what happens..."

So... Any takers????

Steve
I loved their lineup at PPUSA VIII!:headbang:

Damian is one of my favorite singers ever (I love his guest spots in things like Ayreon, Once and Future King, and Star One)...so to see him at PP was a dream. I liked the direction Threshold was taking their music in the later albums with Mac, so if Damian stays in the band, I would hope they make a new album with him on vocals...stuff with him singing is unfortunately few and far between (as far as full length albums go).

Damian is a legend in my mind. That was the best PP performance I have ever seen. Am i biased? 100%. I believe he is one of the most passionate and expressive vocalists out there and he is the reason I got into Threshold some 15 plus years ago. Seeing him perform live in the U.S. truly was a dream come true for me and I would want nothing more than to see Damian permanently join the band that he created a masterpiece with... WOUNDED LAND:headbang:

I'm actually considering attending PP Europe to see them headline with Damian!

IMHO, asking Damien to join would be the best thing for them! He is also one of my favorite singers because of the soul and power of his voice. Mac was good (despite lip syncing on their DVD). They put our some great songs (especially lyrically) during his tenure. Damien is great (despite the complaints of what he did last year at PPVIII...which I had no problem with...but, I'm not a promoter that had to deal with that, nor an easily offended fan)! When he was in Threshold (and outside of Threshold (e.g. Ayreon/Star One) they did some great songs too. But hearing Damien also doing Mac's songs as well (which was no surprise), also proved to me that he would be the best replacement.

What did he do?

Well, he brought an exotic dancer (from a show up in The Loft) up on stage during his cover of "So Hard To Handle" during the "Stars" set. I didn't have a problem with seeing her on stage. But, there were parents, who brought their kids, and women that did post that they had a problem with it. We also found out, after the fact, that it wasn't a planned part of the set/cleared by Glenn.

I also spoke with Damian after the show, and he again said that he would like to rejoin Threshold, but he also seemed unsure of how feasible it was. Personally, I actually like Mac's voice somewhat more, but given his performance last year, it's hard to deny that Damien proved himself one of the greatest live frontmen in the business.

I never got into Damian's vocals and loved Mac the first time I heard light and space and angels, the first 2 sons I heard from them a while back, and have been a fan ever since, but never got into the older material with Damian. I will definately give a new cd a chance without mac, but I will still be wishing it was Mac, and who cares if he lip-synced the dvd or whatever, all I know is that when I saw them at their first progpower, Mac was spot on and he even had a cold if i remember correctly. The best frontman ever to grace the progpower stage to me was Andy Frank both with brainstorm and symphorce, I have never been pulled into a show like I was by him, he totally commands everybody's attention, what about Andy for threshold...hehe...but seriously, his vocals would do amazing with threshold.

Unfortunately, Damian is the least favorite of the three vocalists that Threshold has had. I've had Wounded Land for a long time, and it still does little for me. So Damian joining Threshold would do nothing for me. I'd probably still pick up the new album, but I wouldn't be expecting much from it.

I also spoke with Damian after the show, and he again said that he would like to rejoin Threshold,..

I heard the same from him before the show, at the street team lunch. If the the rest of the band feels the same, I can't see a better fit.

..., but given his performance last year, it's hard to deny that Damien proved himself one of the greatest live frontmen in the business.

+1! He puts on a hell of a show, not to mention he projects powerful vocals like none other!

Damian is a legend in my mind. That was the best PP performance I have ever seen. Am i biased? 100%. I believe he is one of the most passionate and expressive vocalists out there and he is the reason I got into Threshold some 15 plus years ago. Seeing him perform live in the U.S. truly was a dream come true for me and I would want nothing more than to see Damian permanently join the band that he created a masterpiece with... WOUNDED LAND:headbang:

I'm actually considering attending PP Europe to see them headline with Damian!
Their gig last PPUSA is in my PPUSA Top 10 for individual band sets. The boys were spot-on that evening!

What about Glynn Morgan. He was my favorite of the Threshold Singers. Is he still around?

Brand

Actually I spoke with Karl at the Street Team Lunch before they performed and he told me he had actually TALKED to Glynn and Glynn was willing to step in for them - but they already had Damian lined up.

Still not sure who is my fav - I love all three singers - BUT you cannot compete with Glynn's scream at the end of Will To Give....
:heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh:
:headbang:

Actually I spoke with Karl at the Street Team Lunch before they performed and he told me he had actually TALKED to Glynn and Glynn was willing to step in for them - but they already had Damian lined up.

Still not sure who is my fav - I love all three singers - BUT you cannot compete with Glynn's scream at the end of Will To Give....
:heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh:
:headbang:

Psychedelicatessen is still to me their best disc. I'd be real glad to have him back in Threshold if he still has the voice but Damian is also more than perfect by me.

Steve