Special "Thank You" to Threshold

Torn2Shreds

Jan 3, 2005
New Jersey
Wow, I don't even know where to start...

I just want to say THANK YOU to all the members of Threshold!!! I had the honor of meeting all the members of Threshold in a relaxed setting after their set at ProgPower. I have never met a more approachable bunch of people in my life. You guys were so down to earth and listened to every single word said.

So as I was walking to Center Stage Sat. afternoon who do I see walking my way... Damian Wilson. Talked with him briefly, as he was on his way back to the hotel. Really nice guy, and I could just see he was happy to be playing the fest and seeing all the fans.

After Threshold's set, I decided to walk back to the hotel to relax a bit and go back for the All Star Jam. As I walk into the hotel lobby I see Pete Morten and Steve Anderson over in the lobby relaxing. We just started talking about the set and how things "did and didn't go". After a bit Karl Groom comes walking in with his guitar board and sits with us. Johanne James came over as well.

I got to sit down with Karl and chat for over an hour. We were just sitting there having coffee talking about our everyday lives, and of course all things Threshold. After talking for all that time, Steve, Karl, and I walked back to Center Stage together. How cool is that?

The next morning I walk downstaris for breakfast, and there is Johanne sitting having breakfast. I walk up and say a few words, and he says to have a seat. Thats right... Having breakfast with Johanne was really cool. We talked about a few things, including his durm kit (less is more right Johanne...) and musical tastes. A really cool mellow guy to talk to.

Oh and Richard, I feel really bad about nearly running you down in the lobby as you guys were getting ready to leave. Thank you so much for signing my poster last minute. I don't know, I just felt that if I had one of you guys sign it, it would be funny if I didn't have all of them... You were the last to sign it and I am very grateful that you did. I know it was a long weekend for you guys...

So once more... To Damian, Karl, Pete "Steve", Steve "Steve", Johanne, and Richard... Thank you for a weekend I will never forget...

Best wishes to all of you and hope to see you back in the USA soon...

Steve
aka Torn2Shreds

Man that's sweet bro

I was lucky enough to make it to the US Threshold Street Team lunch Sat at the Madison Grill and meet most of the guys - all great and all down to earth. Karl is just the BEST.

Here's hoping they make it back over REAL REAL soon
:headbang:

Thanks man... I completely forgot about the Street Team lunch at the Grill. I could kick myself.

I did get to meet Patty and her husband (sorry forgot your name) up towards the front of the stage for Threshold's set! Really nice people!!!

Thanks man... I completely forgot about the Street Team lunch at the Grill. I could kick myself.

I did get to meet Patty and her husband (sorry forgot your name) up towards the front of the stage for Threshold's set! Really nice people!!!

SHIT dude you must have been right behind me then. Phil (her husband) was right behind me and I was to the right of Swordlord.

lets cross our fingers for the showcase like you mentioned in the other thread - first round is on ME :kickass:

I have had such great experiences with Threshold at both ProgPowers they have played. At PPIII, we chatted with Karl, Rich, and Mac at breakfast at the hotel the morning after their show. Mac remembered me from the audience (glad I was memorable... I hope for good reasons! haha). This time, we sat with Johanne at the luncheon, and he is just a riot--great guy! Turns out that he knows exactly where my cousin lives in London. He said he'd go knock on their door, lol! I talked to Damian right after the show and thanked him for making the show possible, and he was just a sweetheart. More great Threshold memories for me. :)