Kyrbgrinder: Threshold drummer's band

Evil Penguin

Oct 8, 2007
Under your bed
Johanne James, the very talented drummer of Threshold, has his own band Kyrbgrinder and is looking to play gigs in the U.S. If you are interested in seeing them live and know people who can hook them up for gigs, he would very much appreciate it. More rock than metal. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone at the moment.

http://www.myspace.com/kyrbgrinder

Thanks.

Found this old thread on the band cause they've released their album now. Don't agree with the penguin about this being more rock than metal. It's way metal. It sounds like a modern eclectic prog metal band with a singer that sounds quirky and a little bit madcap like say the System of a Down dude and strangely enough a little touch of Seal a bit! Musically this is well produced stuff indeed with chunky riffage and powerful mid tempo drumming. I like the song People of the free world a lot. If you like your modern metal with big groovy riffs and all round quirkiness then you'll like Kyrbgrinder's new album Cold War Technology. The new songs are on their myspace above.

Agreed ... good disc. I was reminded of a weird mix of Living Colour, Disturbed, and Freak Kitchen. Johanne does the singing on this as well as the drumming. He's a damn good singer. I'd agree that it's more metal that rock as well. Here's a link to a couple of tracks from the new disc, Cold War Technology. "My Heart Bleeds" reminded me a bit of Freak Kitchen.

http://www.reverbnation.com/kyrbgrinder

Britt

Missed this album from 2015, some more details here...

KYRBGRINDER FEATURING THRESHOLD DRUMMER JOHANNE JAMES RELEASE CHRONICLES OF A DARK MACHINE ALBUM

"...Kyrbgrinder are a London based rock trio with a unique style of metal. At the nucleus is frontman Johanne James (also drummer for Threshold) and supported by Aaron Waddingham - guitars (also Land Of Cain) and Dave Lugay – bass. The power trio released their third album, Chronicles Of A Dark Machine, on March 2nd on the Kyrbgrinder label via Cherry Red Records....

“The album has all elements that we enjoy playing. Different from Cold War Technology sonically due to a change in personnel, but it still retains that essential Kyrbgrinder style - same style, same attitude & heavy as hell!” - Kyrbgrinder..."

p19g266bdbs7q1i7o1gou11jfh544.jpg