Threshold news

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
U.K. progressive metallers THRESHOLD have tapped Pete Morten to be the second guitarist for the band's forthcoming live shows, following the announcement that Nick Midson will be taking a break from the band.

Pete Morten is guitarist and lead vocalist for British progressive metal band SOLILOQUY, which has been recording at Thin Ice Studios with producer and mixer Karl Groom (DRAGONFORCE, MENDEED, PENDRAGON) from THRESHOLD.

THRESHOLD recently posted the cover artwork for their new album, "Dead Reckoning", at this location. The artist is Davide Nadalin of Nerve Design, who has previously worked with EXTREMA and BLINDED COLONY. Due on March 23 via Nuclear Blast Records, the CD was produced by guitarist Karl Groom and keyboardist Richard West at Thin Ice Studios. The track listing is as follows:

01. Slipstream
02. This Is Your Life
03. Elusive
04. Hollow
05. Pilot in the Sky of Dreams
06. Fighting For Breath
07. Disappear
08. Safe To Fly
09. One Degree Down

Swedish multi-instrumentalist/producer Dan Swanö (EDGE OF SANITY, NIGHTINGALE, SECOND SKY, BLOODBATH) laid down backing vocals on the CD's opening song, "Slipstream", and the third track, "Elusive".

I chatted with Pete at the gig PQ did with Solilioquy, he was a great guy, even signed my album for me hehe. Will be interesting to see him play threshodl songs live !

deadreckoning.jpg

Nice cover for the new album; it reminds me of that Doctor Who episode with the Trigger as the leader of the Cybermen haha!

Threshold cover Muse track!

Threshold have recorded a cover version of the Muse hit Supermassive Black Hole. It will appear as a bonus track on a special digipak version of Threshold's forthcoming album Dead Reckoning.

Band member Richard West commented: "It's a good Muse song and their recording is very cool, but we've made our version heavier and more powerful than the original. It works so well as a Threshold track that it sounds like Muse covered our song!"

Dead Reckoning will be released on 23 March :headbang:

I got a promo copy and the album rocks big time!
If you plan to buy it, do it in the first week, this time it appears that Threshold could make it to enter the charts!
The new single "pilot in the sky of dreams" is n.1 at the download charts of the Nuclear Blast Webshop!

to finish the prediction of "BurningDownTheMiddle":
The new songs are all as great as Slipstream and Pilot in the sky of dreams! The album versions of these two songs are even better than the radio edits!

You simply have to listen to this album, at least, in a music shop!