Thunderground Festival

looseunit

LooseUnit
Sep 12, 2002
London
www.power-quest.co.uk
THUNDERGROUND FESTIVAL CANCELLED & THE FUTURE OF THIS SCENE:
This message come to me today from Thundeground Festival organiser Daren Salter -

"Hi all, It hurts me to say this but due to matters beyond my control and the total lack of support this show has received from the so-called fans; Thunderground is no more.
We left it as long as we could to allow for the late starters to buy their tickets but sadly this has not been the case.
Full refunds will be given to the fantastic people that supported this event and help with travel insurance and flight refunds will be freely given if people had booked flights and now need to cancel.
On a personal note; I'm totally done with this scene; after getting a line-up like this together and literally hemorrhaging money in order to bring this kind of show to the UK shores I am disgusted at the lukewarm response these bands have received. This was a once in a lifetime DREAM line-up.
My thanks go out to ARFM and AOR Heaven who helped out way beyond the call of duty – I will be forever in your debt.
Again, my sincere apologies go out to those that supported this event. I also hope this serves as a wake up call to those that think these shows will always be around. Please go buy tickets to either Firefest or MelodicRockFest if you haven't done so already. Support those shows.
Good luck to everyone. Regards, Daren."
:cry:

stop press: Norwegian glam metallers Wig Wam will now play Rock City's Rescue Rooms this Saturday, August 18, instead. The venue is smaller than Rock City's main hall, with a capacity of 450. :worship: