Thunderstone - Dirt Metal

Vicious Robbie

Faithful Neon Dreamer
I was listening to their latest album and if you dig the band I think that you will like this one. I've been following these guys since The Burning and even though Evolution 4.0 was a bit of dissapointment for me, this one gives me new hope. Pasi Rantanen will be missed being their original singer and I really dug his voice but newcomer Rick Altzi (At Vance, Sandalinas) does a good job even though his raspier voice might be a little hard to get used to at first. No worries though. The material is a 100% Thunderstone thanks to guitarrist and main songwriter Nino Laurenne that keeps the music heavy (thrashy at times) and melodic. The album has a couple of fillers for me but highlights include the epic Suffering Song, the rocking title track and first single I Almighty. Rock on!:headbang::saint:

I was listening to their latest album and if you dig the band I think that you will like this one. I've been following these guys since The Burning and even though Evolution 4.0 was a bit of dissapointment for me, this one gives me new hope. Pasi Rantanen will be missed being their original singer and I really dug his voice but newcomer Rick Altzi (At Vance, Sandalinas) does a good job even though his raspier voice might be a little hard to get used to at first. No worries though. The material is a 100% Thunderstone thanks to guitarrist and main songwriter Nino Laurenne that keeps the music heavy (thrashy at times) and melodic. The album has a couple of fillers for me but highlights include the epic Suffering Song, the rocking title track and first single I Almighty. Rock on!:headbang::saint:

I liked Evolution 4.0 a lot (also Tools Of Destruction). I was quite disappointed when I learnt that Pasi Rantanen left the band cause I love his voice. However, newcomer Rick Altzi does a very good job on Dirt Metal (not that different of Pasi, quite Jorn-like, but maybe raspier) and the album is excellent, in the style of the latest 2, except for the thrashy "Star" song, which doesn't really fit their style IMO.