THUNDERSTONE news: Rick Altzi out, Pasi Rantanen back

labrekk

Jul 16, 2002
Canada
Visit site
https://www.facebook.com/pages/THUNDERSTONE-OFFICIAL/142811818326

That Altzi was out, now that he's with Masterplan, was previsible. To get the original singer back is great news. For me, it's win-win. I like the Rantanen albums a lot (save for the 1st one). But I also loved Dirt Metal with Altzi. I think it's one of the best albums Altzi fronted, better than the new Masterplan for me...

Can't wait to hear some new stuff from these guys.

They'd be a good candidate for a future ProgPower, wouldn't they?

This is weird I was just thinking of this band a few days ago . Are they ever going to put something else out or are they dead. BEST FUCKIN METAL NEWS IN WEEKS!!!!

To be honest, I was disappointed with this band's ProgPower set. I felt that Pasi Rantanen fell rather short of his awesome studio performances. The fact that the band tuned down for their entire set had sent up some major red flags for me. Their set that year was one that I was really looking forward to seeing, too. If these guys were to play the festival again, Pasi would really have to step up his game.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I enjoyed their set, though true, it was not up to studio level. (Not many are, though, right?) But I would LOVE to have them back. Altzi did good work with them, but I'm glad to hear that now he's moved on, Rantanen is back.

The Thunderstone PPVII set sounded pretty damn good from the front row. I would love to see this band return to Progpower.

Pasi's back? Oooo. I didn't like them at *all* with the new singer - I gave it a few tries and just couldn't. Thunderstone blew me away when they opened for Sym X/Strato in Germany back in 03 and I was very, very sorry to have missed them at VII.