Ticketmonster raped me!!!

buzz21

Medicated
May 4, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.mpp.org
Word on the Opeth board was that shows are selling out, so I went to the TM website to get a ticket for the L.A. show. Face value=$17.50, total charge after all fees and surcharges = $30.10 holy shit! And that doesn't even include shipping or mailing the tix which is even more! I have to pick it up at will call. They hit me for a handling fee, building fee, and a processing charge....they are making more than the bands are per ticket, and they don't have to travel the world and play...just have to print out paper...what a great (EVIL) business!

Ya, that's the way it is. I bought mine today from the venue where they are playing and a face value ticket of $20.00 still cost me $24.00.

They Type O Negative/Nevemore tickets were face value $20.00 as well and cost me $26.50 at the source. WTF?

they call those extra fees "convience" fees. i dont see whats so convienient of having to pay that much more.

i prefer to call it ticketbastard, myself :D

Believe me, it wasn't convenient. I walked my ass down to the venue on my lunch. I made the effort to go to the source and pay cash and they still charged me that fee. They didn't used to.

*edited for spelling*