Tight guitar case putting pressure on bridge ok?

Cognition

Metal
Oct 25, 2009
Norway
I have a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 and just got a Gator Deluxe Extra Long Fit All Electric Hardcase.

The case will not close without me forcing it shut. The highest point is the bridge (TonePros TOM w/Thru-Body).

Is this ok, or am I hurting the guitar?

casebridge.jpg

This is how far the case closes naturally before I have to apply pressure.

Do you have a chance of making more room for the bridge? i had a similar situation and i "modded" the case to fit my guitar, it also was a gator case.

I've considered to use a hammer or something to see if I can make more room in the relevant spot. I'm not exactly handy with tools.

How did you mod your case?

It was not a hammer, haha it was the first thing i saw usable, was one of those thing you use to squeeze lemons haha, i just hammered the parts needed, it worked, i also used a knife to soften the area, it helped.

i know, very "caveman" method haha, but it worked.

just out of curiosity... do you have tremolo bar in the guitar? if yes, do you have it deattached?

The highest point is the bridge (TonePros TOM w/Thru-Body).

;) And to the OP, if it's just the bridge that's blocking it, my experience is most hardshell cases are just styrofoam under the fabric on the inside, so personally I'd just assault it with a box cutter :D