Tim Calvert and Dreaming Neon Black...

SkeletonofGod

New Metal Member
Aug 31, 2001
Boulder,Co
Visit site
I really wish TIm had never left the band. He is an incredible player and songwriter. Anyone here a fan of Fobidden????I think Nevermore was a better band with him. Some of the solos in Dead heart have that Calvert feel to them. I hope Tim rubbed off a little on Jeff.

Forbidden was a great band. I have Twisted Into Form, Green, and Distortion. I want the Forbidden Evil Live C.D. Paul Bostaph ( Slayer) plays drums on Twisted... Tim is a great guitarist, listen to any solos from any of the albums mentioned. Forbidden and Sanctuary toured together way back when. I believe some of my favorite Forbidden songs include Feed The Hand, Out of Body Out Of Mine, Step By Step, and Distortion to name a few.

I saw Sanctuary with Death Angel and Forbidden along time ago. Awsome show to say the least. I've seen Forbidden about 8 or 9 times and everytime it was killer. One time, the drummer paul had broken his left hand I think and played with just one hand and pulled it off well. If you need a copy of that live forbidden I can burn one for ya!!!

A buddy of mine saw the show in Cincinnati, Ohio and I wanted to go but was under 18 at the time and the club was 18 and over. Death Angel, along with Sanctuary/NEVERMORE and Forbidden, are one of my favorite bands of all time. Let me get some recordable C.D.s and I'll e-mail you or you e-mail me with details about how to get the C.D. to you to burn. Thanks.

PS. Are there any more Forbidden albums besides what has been mentioned?

The Live CD is called "Raw Evil", the debut CD is "Forbidden Evil". There is a "best of" CD also, but it isn't worth mentioning (oops, I just did :) ). Something interesting is that Distortion was released with at least 2 different covers (I think there may have been 3, but I only remember 2 offhand). Forbidden are the only band I rank above Nevermore, and just by a little. If you haven't heard them, go buy some CDs. "Twisted Into Form" is the best, followed by "Distortion". "Green" is a complete departure from their previous sound, but I still like it.

Later.

Thanks jimbobhickville for the clarifications of the album titles. I agree "Green" is a bit different. So, Forbidden Evil is the debut, wasn't it also Forbidden's name at the time. Also, do they go by Forbidden Evil or Forbidden on the "Raw Evil" live C.D. ? I've heard about the "best of" and it was probably put out by a small label, but who needs it if you got the originals anyway.

Distortion... Twisted into form.... They are their best cd's to me. Calvert is amazing, he is one of the very few guitarists that i rank up there with loomis (loomis BEFORE dhiadw that is...!!).

Forbidden Evil was the name of the band prior to their first release. They decided to shorten it to Forbidden for some reason that I don't know, and they titled the first album Forbidden Evil. I believe, also, that Robb Flynn of Vio-Lence and Machine Head played with them before they changed the name. Just some nice tidbits of info.

Later.

Originally posted by ZANEX
A buddy of mine saw the show in Cincinnati, Ohio and I wanted to go but was under 18 at the time and the club was 18 and over. Death Angel, along with Sanctuary/NEVERMORE and Forbidden, are one of my favorite bands of all time. Let me get some recordable C.D.s and I'll e-mail you or you e-mail me with details about how to get the C.D. to you to burn. Thanks.

PS. Are there any more Forbidden albums besides what has been mentioned?

There is one album called Trapped too_Out of print,very hard to find.Seen it at ebay a couple of times.It contains some early demos,as well as demos from Distortion and some unreleased songs too.

Trapped is a CD containing demo material. Four of the songs never made it to album, but in my opinion these four songs represent the pinnacle of Forbidden's career.
Here is the song list:
Disillusions
Hypnotized
Mind's Eye
Trapped
So Dark
My Sorrow's My Own
Chalice of Blood
March into Fire
Follow Me
The first three songs were actually a demo that was recorded at a college in Campbell Ca. in Dec. '92. Steve Jacobs played drums. Doug Caldwell produced.
The next three were a demo that was recorded at Music Annex in Menlo Park Ca. in Aug. '91. These feature Paul Bostaph beating his skin(s). Doug Caldwell produced with Pat Couglin engineering (Pat ended up being the producer for Distortion and Green which were also recorded at Music Annex).
The last three were recorded prior to the album "Forbidden Evil" and feature Glen Alvelais on gee-tar.
This is definitely a bootleg and the sound quality reflects this. You can tell that it wasn't mastered properly (probably wasn't mastered at all). However I paid over $50 for a copy on ebay and I don't regret it.
Cheers!
TC