Tim 'Ripper' Owens is the new Yngwie singer!!

What about Facing the Animal? It has some solid tunes, and I love Mats Leven's vocals.

i dunno, i guess its just my opinion, to me, i can never get into post trilogy malmsteen, it just feels like a vehicle for malmsteens over indulgent playing.

i perfered him in the older days, when it was just undiluted guitar playing, some of the vocals for me, just feel like an afterthought to the playing, which of course is the focus.

i perfer the vehicle for guitar playing to be more balanced, like with symphony X for example, There are intricate guitar parts, but they are balanced with the rest of the band, and it doesnt feel like a guitar album with some backing musicians just playing to earn some cash.

i guess its the blackmore thing with malmsteen, i guess he can never keep a consisten line up, but i think blackmore did a better job keeping the band as a band, and not a one man show.

To me the thing with Malmsteen is simple, he just wrote very few great songs. Most of which were on his first album, seems after that we had already heard it before.

Yngwie = right lead guitar player....... wrong song writer

He worked best in a Group, Alcatrazz's first album proves this, it has some fantastic songs on it, which yngwie COwrote, so theres actually some tastefullness in there, but still some cracking guitarwork, and he had alot of passion and soul back then, he was still fast, but he had a lot more edge. he was way better than Steve Vai in Alcatrazz too, although massive props to Vai for being able to pull of every single lick.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68QXDcxFVDo&feature=related[/ame]

theres some cheesy 80's Alcatrazz. with Yngwie playing some Slow shit, loads of other good Yngwie moments from the alcatrazz days, his best in my opinion, even if you cant stand the tiger skin and the leather pants.

I like Goran Edman's work with John Norum, especially Norum's first solo cd. I'll have to check out Glory. Thanks, JDub.

IIRC, Wintergreen wasn't as good as the other 2. Go with the order I posted them in, and if you have issues finding the cds, check
www.harder-edged-music.com & www.impulsemusic.com
Harder Edged has PB for $11.99 USD...

Also, it appears there are more than three....I'll check the racks when I get home...