Timo Kotipelto and Jorg Michael out of Stratovarius

Yngvai X

Dark Emperor
Jul 18, 2002
Woodland Park, NJ
www.myspace.com
Timo Kotipelto and Jörg Michael are out of Stratovarius.

After several emergency meetings, this move finds acceptance within the band. “Due to irrevocable and massive difficulties between the band leader Timo Tolkki and me, it has been agreed that this is the best thing to do to preserve at least some of the integrity the band used to have", says singer Kotipelto. "I will now fully concentrate on my solo album and I am convinced that this is the best way for me."

Jörg Michael says that his priorities lie elsewhere at the moment, but that the suddenly escalating trouble in the band is one of the main reasons he doesn't want to play in Stratovarius anymore.

Jens Johansson states that he thinks this situation is very unfortunate, but that he is ok with it nevertheless, given the tension and turmoil of the last couple of months.

Jari Kainulainen was not available for comment

"I think this is the beginning of new era for Stratovarius and that the future looks bright and promising. I have composed some of my best songs during the last month", Timo Tolkki says from his writing mansion next to the gulf of Finland. He promises that Stratovarius fans will be both surprised and amazed by the next album. "If anything good comes out of this, then I guess it will be the emotions I have managed to channel into new songs about this situation, which has been very heavy for all of us." he continued. "I have been having quite bad mental problems lately, but I feel better now due to anti-depressive medication my therapist has prescribed me."

Also, according to the booking agent Continental Concerts, the current line-up is "100% certain" to fulfill all its obligations regarding festival dates next year even though there is a lot of simmering hate still, waiting to boil over.

According to Tolkki, he is currently talking to a German singer and a Finnish drummer about replacing Kotipelto and Michael, but he stresses that absolutely nothing is confirmed at this point. He adds that he is actively looking for replacements.

Personally I think Kotipelto is better off now. His solo stuff has absolutely killed anything Stratovarius has done (possible exception for the classic Visions album). And Im not just saying that because Romeo and Wirman are on it. ;)

but does singer Timo write his own music? i too am pretty sure he'll be just fine going solo, but I sure hope Jari is still in the band. Guess we'll know by the next strato album which direction the band is going... and Matt, Max says "Hey"

I read about this - and this is DEFINITELY the worst day in metal history. You thought the Beatles break-up was big? Wait till tomorrow when theres riots, about these events.

I think something is happeningto me.

1) Bad Haircut
2) the ALLTIME GREATEST BAND EVVVVVEEEERRRRRRR breaks up.

I think its time for one thing. Hint: starts with S and ends in -uicide....

I've never been a huge Strato fan, mainly because of Kotipelto's voice and horrible English. I do hope that Jari and Jens stay in the band, they are both virtuoso musicians and seemingly great guys. I wonder who will do the vocals now.

Maybe Tolkki will turn Stratovarius to pop music and hire Michael Kiske to the band. :D

^Oh no, not you too... :rolleyes:
Could it be that there are some other singers in Germany as well?? I've read that same comment on every board now and it starts to sound like ppl thinks he's the only one that would suit in the band.
Kiske has made it very clear, that he doesn't want to get involved with metal anymore. Yeah, I know, Strato isn't exactly metal anymore, but what would happen if they were on tour? Could they leave out all the old songs, just 'cause mr. Kiske doesn't want to sing those? I don't think so.

Maybe Timo should ask if one of those Gimmel-girls would like to do a favor for him as he did for them :D

Janina said:
^Oh no, not you too... :rolleyes:
Could it be that there are some other singers in Germany as well?? I've read that same comment on every board now and it starts to sound like ppl thinks he's the only one that would suit in the band.
Kiske has made it very clear, that he doesn't want to get involved with metal anymore. Yeah, I know, Strato isn't exactly metal anymore, but what would happen if they were on tour? Could they leave out all the old songs, just 'cause mr. Kiske doesn't want to sing those? I don't think so.

Maybe Timo should ask if one of those Gimmel-girls would like to do a favor for him as he did for them :D

You should know by now that whenever a powermetal singer leaves a band someone is going to suggest Kiske to replace him :p

ShredManWalking said:
I don't know what to say. This is pretty bad. However, I found it worse when Matt Barlow quit Iced Earth.

:yell: Yeah, he has a great voice, prolly one of the best out there, The future of Iced Earth looks grim...seeing that he was best in the band......

But as far as Strato is concerned, well, Meh...........:wave:

Yngvai X said:
You should know by now that whenever a powermetal singer leaves a band someone is going to suggest Kiske to replace him :p
I know, I know, but I'm getting tired of it already. If it was just one person who suggested that, it would be ok, but as far as I know there are hundreds of ppl saying that by now :rolleyes:

And besides, even Kiske couldn't help them to become a great band.

Yeah kotipelto writes his own stuff to whoever asked that. And kotipelto rules, strato is dead now. all the better... i want to see tolkki fall hard. Asshole (tolkki, not any of you :D)