tips needed from guitarists for Lepper affinity

waz416c

New Metal Member
Apr 19, 2005
Dang....the rhtyhm for the first few riffs is insane,...speaiclyl the lil adlibs he does in b.w teh riffs..i guess u could call'em transitionla rfiffs..thyre really insane.......anyone have any suggestiosn....right now...im jmust playin it at 50 tempo...adn still cant get all the notes to land perfect...!!!...is this song jsut out of my league...been playin for a good 5 years now.....so any suggestison or tips are welcome...!!!........PEACE OUT

I remember having trouble with those riffs a year ago. Its alright now. i think the way i learnt it was that i started making riffs up that were like it and then when i tried it again i got it. The only thing i can suggest is, never strum with the majority of your wrist thumb and index finger should be used mostly.

personally i only had a problem with the "fever mirrored ghosts" riff and the short ascending pattern at the end of the solo. Otherwise i found it quite simple.

I try and keep as relaxed as possible because this song is kinda tiring for both hands. Just keep at it and stop for a bit if your hands start aching.

opeth_353 said:
personally i only had a problem with the "fever mirrored ghosts" riff and the short ascending pattern at the end of the solo. Otherwise i found it quite simple.

I try and keep as relaxed as possible because this song is kinda tiring for both hands. Just keep at it and stop for a bit if your hands start aching.

the one thing Ive noticed is....well.........i think the song is too fast for my speed........but I def. can nail it...!!!...I already have a rough version down ;till the end of the acsoutic part....in no way it is near good sounduing.....but Im gettin there....I do belvie its one of those songs which once uve learnt......ure a better guitarist too........coz it teaches u alot.......so yeah right now Im learnin some speed and odd time riffings.....!!!l.....Im def. gonna keep at it.....and have it down even if it takes a couple of weekas,,,,,,,Kwwp the suggestiona comin...~~~......PEAC EOUT

cuntface said:
haha fucking give up now

Maybe the guy doesn't play very often.

Then again, the first year of my guitar playing really consisted of only about a month and I rarely practice or play an hour a day nowdays. Opeth songs are no problem for me, except for the "Words would falter to atone" verse in Face Of Melinda. Almost five years later and I can even nail down Eric Johnson's Cliffs of Dover without much trouble.

Dude, what have you been doing for 5 years?

wow.....alot of cynics,critics here........o well......atelast Im happy with my progress........i didnt start off learnin guitar properly...i never took lessons.....from day 1....liek since I knew 2 chords...i started doin my own songs......my main emphasis was on writin original material.....im not a really ace guitarist or what.......but I can hold my own....and I think I have made desent progress...!!!...for those who've heard my stuff would prolyl agree www.soundclick.com/thewaz ....!!!!.......o well........i wanted suggestions.........so if anyone got any,......Id really appreciate it....!!!!......Keep rockin fellas..........PEAC EOUT

are you being fucking serious with the way you type? or is it some kind of private joke that im too new to understand?