Tired Ears

Saucy_Jack

Shit faced
Jan 4, 2005
Terra Australis
I am getting sick of flogging the same old tunes to death...
Anyone have any albums they want to toss out there and recommend and I'll check em out

Shit I've been rockin lately:

Crowbar - Lifesblood for the Downtrodden
Blackflag - Slip It In
Blue Oyster Cult - Blue Oyster Cult
Dew-Scented - Issue VI

Music at the moment just seems stale as fuck to me...

The Forsaken- Manifest of Hate
gaschamber recommended them to me and I totally dig them

Weedeater-16 Tons
If you like Crowbar then I am sure that you will dig these guys

Red Sparrowes-At the Soundless Dawn

Cool instrumental music from the guys in Isis and Neurosis. It's a mellow album and not metal at all, but it is some great music none the less.

PC Deathsquad-Too Fat for Love
Good crossover. You'll have to buy it off their site though because it is not available in stores.

Municipal Waste- Hazardous Mutation
Good old school metal

The Haunted-rEvolvEr
Not much to say about this album other than it is a badass from start to finish.

Cephalic Carnage-Anomalies
Grind/Death/metal for the schizophrenic

Mastodon-Remission

Don't bother with the new one....It blows. Remission on the other hand is awesome. Brann Dailor is a very underrated drummer and this album is a breath of fresh air compared to all the metalcore/nu metal bullshit out there.

Scissorfight-New Hampshire
Another band that a board member turned me on too. They aren't really metal per se, but more in the vein of Clutch and Orange Goblin. This album makes me want to drink beer and beat someones ass.

gaschamber said:
the forsaken- manifest of hate
death- sound of perserverance
rollins band- life time
the absence- from your grave
pro-pain- prophets of doom
impaled- mondo medicale

I agree with the Death selection...a very cool and musical album. That's in my rotation now as well.

I'm listening to a lot of old stuff.

Rainbow-Rising
Black Sabbath-Vol. 4 & Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath
Judas Priest-Sin After Sin,Sad Wings and Stained Class
Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak

Stuff like that. I've been searching for new stuff too. The old stuff can be refreshing though.

I also have been on a huge WEEN kick lately..Those guys never disappoint me. Some of their shit is weird but when they decide to rock, watch out!!! They are also one of the best live shows I have seen....They did the funkiest version of "Let Me Lick Your Pussy" I have ever heard.

gaschamber said:
im on a quest for the entire ROSE TATTOO catalogue.

and ive been listening to zappa too.

I love Rose Tattoo - music to get pissed to and have a punch-up in a pub. Can't decide which out of "Rock 'n' Roll Outlaws" or "Scarred for Life" is better - not heard any of the recent stuff though. (I kind of lost interest after that Neighbours Wedding nonsense when it came out that Angry Anderson was a screaming bender.) Well worth a listen !!!

gaschamber said:
nightmares made flesh is soooooooo fuckin good. mikael akerfehiehflzlajueiut was better than tagtgren, but he still did them justice.
I love the chainsaw gut fuck guitar tone on RTC its just so brutal. But NMF is my favorate.

gaschamber said:
im on a quest for the entire ROSE TATTOO catalogue.

Aww man talk about a classic. Good Aussie pub music!!

And Municipal Waste are gold! A throwback to the days before metal went hand in hand with mascara, hair gel, cliched riffs and sodomy.

gaschamber said:
nightmares made flesh is soooooooo fuckin good. mikael akerfehiehflzlajueiut was better than tagtgren, but he still did them justice.

Tagtren was only ever good on Abducted and some of his deathier vocals on The Final Chapter...in my opinion.

Salvatore said:
Check out Bloodbath. You can hear some of their stuff here http://bloodbath.biz/releases.html

I got a question about Bloodbath. In the late 80s I had a compulation album with a band called Bloodbath that had a song with the same name. The song was brutal. question is, is that the same band? I cant remember the album name but it had a live DRI song on it most of the rest wasnt that great.

The13thCandle said:
I got a question about Bloodbath. In the late 80s I had a compulation album with a band called Bloodbath that had a song with the same name. The song was brutal. question is, is that the same band? I cant remember the album name but it had a live DRI song on it most of the rest wasnt that great.

i cant say for sure, but im 99% sure it wasnt the same band...swano was doing edge of sanity then. i know e. dizzle knows whats up with edge of sanity....fuckin great shit.

The13thCandle said:

Totally not the same band, that was a Serbian band, or Yugoslavian back thenhttp://www.metal-archives.com/.

I think that was a Serbian band, or Yugoslavian back then.

the bloodbath of today is from Sweden. its a supergroup of sorts. Dan Swano plays guitar, but he was the singer for Edge of Sanity, one of my Favorite bands of all time. Everything UP to Crimson was great, and Crimson 2. Killer vocalist. I'm a huge EoS fan, even though Swano had a crazy gay lisp when he sang clean haha. Crimson was a masterpiece.