Tired of Dimebag

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8erdood666

New Metal Member
Sep 15, 2005
Is anybody else here tired of hearing about Dimebag YEARS after he died? Seriously, Pantera wasn't any good, and it only really appealed to degenerates who are more interested in beer and partying than actual art. Dimebag was also a complete fucking fake. If anything, his death helped metal. His stupid music isn't bringing in as many hordes of morons anymore. I'm glad that he got shot. :)

Pantera had it's place. It served as a gateway to more extreme music for many people. I liked them for a while, but got bored with the mindless aggression, it seemed pretty limited to me.

I am sick of it myself, and find the the way that Dimebag is being put on a pedestal laudable. No disrespect to him, he was important and all, but not as important as, say, Quorthon.

Is anybody else here tired of hearing about Dimebag YEARS after he died? Seriously, Pantera wasn't any good, and it only really appealed to degenerates who are more interested in beer and partying than actual art. Dimebag was also a complete fucking fake. If anything, his death helped metal. His stupid music isn't bringing in as many hordes of morons anymore. I'm glad that he got shot. :)

How controversial. :rolleyes:

I can understand your point, but you are a still showing how much of fucking idiot you are with a post like this.

pantera released 1 excellent album(cowboys from hell) and 2 pretty good ones (great southern trendkill,power metal) IMO - dime was always a pretty damn good guitarist but rest of the band was mediocre at best

I'd put dime in my top 30 all time of metal guitarists

I have some respect for Dimebag because I hear he was a good guy and he always seemed to treat his fans well, but his level of importance is grossly exaggerated.

no doubt about it - pantera wouldn't make my top 100 list in terms of metal bands

his death has made him a huge icon in (mainstream) metal

I have nothing against him personally (also note that the other side to this issue is that no one here can praise him for being a great human being without knowing him personally), but Pantera sucked and he clearly became even more overrated than he already was after his demise.

i said this a while ago and was nearly banned for it! my posts were deleted and i went a few rounds with deron.

but thanks for agreeing with me. but i dedicate this picture to everyone on this thread...

deaddime.jpg

~gR~

He is overrated. There are a bunch of better guitarists. However, a lot of people in this thread don't have any class.

I'M TIRED OF EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT DIMEBAG SO I'LL START A THREAD ABOUT IT SO EVERYONE CAN TALK ABOUT HOW THEY'RE TIRED OF TALKING ABOUT DIMEBAG OK GREAT

mindless aggression aye? why is the emotion of "anger" (term used loosely, because not ALL pantera was just aggression, although that was a large part of it), always pigeonholed as "mindless"? whereas something like depression is more often than not, construed as "artistic expression"? of course i am generalising, but no more than your ill-informed, mind numbingly un-insightful post.

pantera hate is old, and the following sums up pretty much all pantera and non-pantera fan's feelings about this woeful thread.

I'M TIRED OF EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT DIMEBAG SO I'LL START A THREAD ABOUT IT SO EVERYONE CAN TALK ABOUT HOW THEY'RE TIRED OF TALKING ABOUT DIMEBAG OK GREAT

What the hell ?? Your opinion is understood but you got to keep it to yourself because you presented your argument with false approach on the matter and you are being a complete asshole. A lot of people dont like Dimebag but a lot of people appreciate him and like him. What makes you think you got the god damn right to say such idiotic things ?

I hate pantera but i hate your username more.

I honestly get sick of hearing about people after they died. Imagine if we had to hear about everyone after they died!

you anus trolls need to make yourselves less obvious, or at least come up with some new material.
and perhaps get some treatment for that aspergers. anyone who likes beer and partying is a degenerate? okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.