Tired of signed bands? Check this out!

MaxfromEventide

New Metal Member
May 16, 2005
Eventide is a melodic deathmetal band from stockholm, sweden.

We've released two demo's (caress the abstract in 1998, and promo2000 in 2000)

After a 5-year pause, we are now back with our third demo called 'no place darker' available for sale in a couple of weeks.

there's already one song up and running on our website, check it out:

www.eventideweb.com

please leave a not in the guestbook, whether you like the song or not!

/Max

Dont know about that, we havent released a demo in 5 years.. but I know that there's a new melodic death band that are called eventide aswell.
but we were first, ha!

Hey Erik, yeah I know, we wrote it three years ago and I agree , it really sounds alot like in flames, but what do we care, still a good song. Took a while for us to get into the whole death-thing again, so the new songs on the demo are more original, hopefully youll have the opportunity to check them out in the future.

/Max

Hey max! The other day I spent a whole night reading the old posts at Opeth's board and I read a thread about eventide there, where one of the members (perhaps you?) said you went to progressive metal (dream theater like) and that was what would be your new sound. What made you move back to swedish death metal? I'm listening to the song...you really outpass actual In Flames. The singer has got nice cleans. I wish there was more whoracle/jester race type of sound. Good stuff nevertheless! Will be looking forward to hear the rest of the songs.

Hey!

IT's always an inspiration to get good feedback, thanks to everyone!

Well, as most bands, we had a brief period where we wanted to experiment with sounds and rhythms and stuff, and 5 years ago we (me and the singer, the core of eventide) were really into the dream-theater type of thing. I guess we felt like we didnt get anywhere playing death, and had no inspiration for writing deathmetal, but now that we've been away from it all for so long, we just incidentally found our way back to our actual roots: melodic death metal.

sowhen we started writing and recording our new cd 'no place darker', it was like coming home, and we knew that THIS was what we did best..and since we are paying for the website-domain we thought we might aswell give something to the few fans we still had left.

Well, the song on the webiste 'new reality' was actually written 2 years ago, so it's not really representative for the demo, the rest of the demo sounds less in flames and more like to old Eventide.

TO EVERYONE WHO DIGs US:

Spread the Mp3's and spread the word (the caress cd and promo2000 songs are up on kerrazy-torrents.com).. We just want to be heard!

Thanks,
Eventide