Tix for SX at L'amour 3/14

Been a big fan of Symphony X for about 2 years now. I wish I found out about them earlier!

I just got my tickets for 3/14 from Ticketmaster in the mail today. Pretty pscyhed!

Does anyone know what time they'll go on that night? I know Lamour is usually a late night.

Originally posted by deadnight
12?! are u serious..how long do u expect each of the opening bands to play?

Remember that NYC has a 4am curfew, so the headliner always goes on pretty late. The club basically just wants to keep people in there drinking for as long as possible. The opening bands won't play very long. L'Amour has two rooms with a stage in each, so they'll have plenty of time to shove all those opening bands in there. Kind of annoying, but that's the way they do business. They force local bands to sell tickets so that they're guaranteed to make a certain amount of money before the headliner even hits the stage. At this point, though, I would think that they'd realize that Symphony X is a huge draw, especially in what's essentially their backyard.

Whatever the case may be, pack a lunch because it's going to be a long night. But it will all be worth it once SX hits the stage. :D

~Christina