To Jonas

JODEA SHE ELOKIM EMET

New Metal Member
Feb 18, 2006
Beer Sheva, Poland
There are some lyrics in which you write about drowning.

Does this subject repeatingly occupy your mind?

Have you thought about the connection of this theme and the meaning of your name?

I'm asking inspired by the Book of Jona, where the main hero is beneath the surface of the sea for three days...

Anyway, it'd be interesting to know your thoughts on this matter, of course if it's not too intimate.

All the best
Mikolaj = Nike Laos = Victory over (or for) the people

_Transparent_ said:
which lyrics/song/s are these?

In Silence Enshrined
Without God
Shades Of Emerald Fields
Inside The Fall
Saw you drawn
Nightmares By The Sea (that's Buckley's)
Evidence (I envisioned this in water)

Not to mention notorious "falling" which is even more connected to the meaning of the name "Jonas" and of what happens in the biblical context with Katatonia frontman's namesake.

M

cool, didn´t know this....
my name is jonas.
guess cause i never read the bible

Divatkreació said:
Simson is like the Chuck Norris of the bible. He just likes to beat people senseless and butcher lions.

Well, that's rather simplified view. Not Simson, but Shimshon, which means "Small sun". He falls into the cathegory of "solar hero" (lions, his purity being nazir, long hair, strenght, fighting gloomy Philistines etc.)

Concerning 'Deadhouse' - yeah, that's right, I thought for a moment about it and it's quite correct.

Thanx for your replies, waiting for Katatonia's Voice to speak

The Chuck Norris of the Bible is Goliath...only he's the bad guy,unlike Chuck he dies in the end by the hands(or slingshot to be correct) of a redhead hebrew boy.

Yay Dave!