to whom it may concern....

opacity

Sep 17, 2001
[lower austria]
someone felt tripped on his/her feet ("That was about her sister, you moron!") regarding this my post

since the concerned person has not left his/her name, I have no possibility to ask himself/herself what was so bad about this post :confused: maybe s/he has now the guts to talk to me in some way, instead of making use of the obscure "power" of spreading red dots :( coward...

(btw, I've read Thanatos' thread, and btw, Thanatos seems to be a HE ... but these are random details apparently :rolleyes: )

opi, with a precious few exceptions people who give bad rep do so (a) randomly; (b) for no reason at all; (c) anonymously.
basically, it's a perfect way to separate decent people from those who are dull, idiotic retards with nothing better to do.
if you think the guy/girl who commented had any idea of who you are, who thanatos is, who his sister was, what a possessive adjective is, what you meant with your post, or how to read at all, then you're giving him/her too much credit. :)

rahvin.

i received bad rep sometimes and it was obviously anonymous and without a comment, except for a couple of times where the message was some incomprehensible phrase or a thing like "thanks" but always no name, and those weren't particular posts. so i wouldn't worry for someone giving (meaningless) bad rep to you :)

Reactions: opacity and rahvin
Hilj is right, it's happened to me too, and to other forum users as well. There's always this moron going around giving bad rep with no reason at all, and to the most simple posts.

Reactions: DotNoir
rahvin said:
yeah, right, so then you can give me bad rep because there's too many stickies around. i'm not falling for this old trick. :p

rahvin.

No no is not a trick.

Besides if i was to give you bad rep. for that you would know it by know ( remember that i too can spread a lot of it )

@salmy: here's a good scapegoat!! it's always been you, hooray! :p

@misanthrope: i wouldn't doubt you to be a decent enough guy to leave your name should you give bad rep.
as for the sticky, i don't know... it seems to me on this board there isn't much rep going around. replying to comments here for rep you've received elsewhere - namely, the opeth off-topic area for me - doesn't seem very important as most of those who gave rep are not here to read the replies. still it's ok if someone wants to start a thread about it, of course. i'm just not sure about having it made a sticky.

opinions, anybody else?

rahvin.

I say we all give good rep to the scapegoat, this way he won't be tr00 enough :devil: [j/k] ;)

Let's start a massive thread "Want to complain about the bad rep you got? <------- Post here!!!" (but plz not sticky). Where's Final_Vision? :p

edit: sorry, change of words, because i realized it could be perceived as insulting to opi. :)

Reactions: opacity
i don't think we need a reputation thread, there's already the one with the stupid title ('what follows in shadow' :p ). anyway, if you make it (not sticky, heh) i'll surely contribute with my idiocy. :D

Miolo

rahvin said:
@salmy: here's a good scapegoat!! it's always been you, hooray! :p

@misanthrope: i wouldn't doubt you to be a decent enough guy to leave your name should you give bad rep.
as for the sticky, i don't know... it seems to me on this board there isn't much rep going around. replying to comments here for rep you've received elsewhere - namely, the opeth off-topic area for me - doesn't seem very important as most of those who gave rep are not here to read the replies. still it's ok if someone wants to start a thread about it, of course. i'm just not sure about having it made a sticky.

opinions, anybody else?

rahvin.

Yes there is not that much rep interest right not but a rep thread could get it started. Not only to give space but to promove too.

@Rahvin: Besides, you got all those stinking survivor threads on sticky for months and look at the dates: the last time someone posted on them was 5 days ago. Do we really need a sticky for those? perhaps, but a reputation thread would deserve it too in those cases.

If you want to look like you care about what users say, either give us a sticker for a rep thread or remove the useless survivor ones.

@Misanthrope: I think if he wants to look like he cares about what users say, he should just see how many of them actually want a rep thread to be sticky and how many would rather not..

How many people post on the survivor polls. Its been 5 days and they are not posting. There are things that are more stupid that get a fucking sticky like the survivor bullshit, so stfu.

@Misanthrope: Read my posts better next time. I'll repeat once more, hoping this time you will get it:
I didn't say the rep thing shouldn't be sticky at all, i merely said rahvin should act according to what the majority of this forum users want. The majority. The majority. That means, not just you. Clear enough?