to whom it may concern....

the survivor threads are sticky because noone posts on them: they'd be second page and potential voters wouldn't see them. this way - though of course uncomfortable and annoying, as i said a gazillion times already - if mr. n00b appears tomorrow he'll see the polls first thing and maybe vote (even without posting).
that's the rationale behind the whole survivor thing. it has nothing to do with making other sticky threads, except for the room they might take.

now, before all this mentioning "sticky" stuff makes me think about masturbation, someone start the thread with replies to rep comments. if it gets more than 50 replies by next thursday then i'm making it a sticky for a while. i promise i'll contribute to it.

rahvin.

opi you shouldnt crae about the green dots...its just like in real life, you may have a lot of rep but does that make you a better person? and that person who gae ytou bad rep must be thrilled that you started a thread such as this

Some people give bad rep for the heck of it sometimes and just to anonymously slag someone for whatever reason (misinterpreting posts--such as in opi's case, to "get back" at a forum member, lynching, etc.). I don't think getting or not getting bad rep makes you a better or worse forum member since rep is basically an opinion of a person. Some people just feel the need to use the feature for uncool purposes and/or have different opinions than others.

I wouldn't feel too bad about it, as it's only a way to express opinion, and some people have more different and far-fetched opinions than others and feel the need to express them (whether it be for better or worse).

thanks both Thanatos & mouswings :) :)

the thing is: I have this bad habit to always search for reasons why.

not only in this case, but all the time, whatever issue it is.

I don't care for rep, cos it doesn't say a thing about my real personality (as you both stated too). it's just that I hate it when I get no answer to my quaestions *hrmpf*

rahvin said:
the survivor threads are sticky because noone posts on them: they'd be second page and potential voters wouldn't see them. this way - though of course uncomfortable and annoying, as i said a gazillion times already - if mr. n00b appears tomorrow he'll see the polls first thing and maybe vote (even without posting).
that's the rationale behind the whole survivor thing. it has nothing to do with making other sticky threads, except for the room they might take.

now, before all this mentioning "sticky" stuff makes me think about masturbation, someone start the thread with replies to rep comments. if it gets more than 50 replies by next thursday then i'm making it a sticky for a while. i promise i'll contribute to it.

rahvin.

What if the thread does not gets that many post but a newb comes along and wants to know about the rep system?

Misanthrope said:
What if the thread does not gets that many post but a newb comes along and wants to know about the rep system?
Apart from the subject of making it a sticky, i think a link to said thread should be included in the "important: read before post" thread. Not that anyone ever reads that thread but anyway..

Misanthrope said:

i think the "what follows in shadow" thread is best to deal with questions on this system. have you checked that out yet? and yes, a link to it in the rules sounds like a cool thing to do.

rahvin.

Reactions: Siren
People can be very immature with rep. I got about 30 or 40 bad reps from people with comments whining about me not worshipping Opeth. I have never gotten a name with bad rep, but I have given it a few times, twice to one person and once to another, but I left my name both times and probably got bad anonymous rep back even though I left a good explanation.

Steve