Tobias Sammet (Edguy and Avantasia)

Ryan M.

Theocratic Fanatic
Oct 15, 2009
S.C.
What is your opinion on Tobias Sammet? I think he is a genius! Insanely good vocalist and songwriter. His lyrics just blow me away. Such creativity.:headbang:

Anyone like the new Avantasia albums? I really like the song Scarecrow a lot!

I know this is blasphemy to some, but I don't like Toby Sammitch. I've tried, just can't get into him. Actually I do dig some of Edguy, but the rest is just meh.

I don't really like Edguy that much, and I don't like Avantasia too much either. But I do have The Metal Opera Pt.1 And The Metal Opera Pt.2 and those albums are both great.

I know this is blasphemy to some, but I don't like Toby Sammitch. I've tried, just can't get into him. Actually I do dig some of Edguy, but the rest is just meh.

HAVE YOU NOT HEARD "The Wicked Symphony", "Dying For An Angel", "Stargazers", "Scarecrow" or "Sign of The Cross"?

Staaaaaar-gay-zeeers

I love that song..

Tobias is okay, he's good with Bob Rock, even did a guest appearance on one of his songs, a cover of Abba to be precise.

I know.... just LOVE Stargazers. And hm... I'll have to check out his guest appearance with Bob Rock.

Beautifully done...
This and Rob Rock doing guest appearances on Avantasia makes me think Tobias ain't all that anti-God :))

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's a conversion, I think he's always been a Christian, but a Christian that has no trouble with poking the Church for its flaws and having a laugh through songs such as 'Pride Of Creation'. By the way it's nice to know about those liner notes, thanks :D

He had a cross around his neck on some artwork.. I don't know was it Tinnitus Sanctus or The Scarecrow.

ONE THING STILL PUZZLES ME THOUGH
Why is there a masonic symbol on top of the tower on The Metal Opera Pt.2
http://www.metal-archives.com/images/5/3/5/1/5351.jpg

Hm... that is quite interesting. Is he a Freemason? Or... is he just saying something about them. Tobias Sammet is a master of symbolism I'll tell ya!

I don't knooow...
It could be that they helped him break through, but it's not like he achieved some major rock star status like the Kings Of Leon, who are also suspected of being sponsored by freemasons...

That's pretty valid, but it's still a masonic symbol, he must've known that was going to cause some ruckus when noticed..