Today's rant...

Just thought I'd share today's entry from my blog with you folks. It started as quite a calm thought but, several rewrites later, became quite venomous. Any thoughts?

"I truly appreciate the bands who participate in mammoth tours around the world. They'll play so many venues in so many cities and countries.

Cheers, to those guys!

However... WHAT THE HELL IS IT WITH THE REST OF YOU?! You want us to buy your sodding albums, but then forget that there's, say, a small island off mainland Europe - it's called the UK (pronounced Yoo Kay for some of the more damaged band members and AOR men out there)!

It may also come as a surprise to you that there is more than one town in the UK. London is not all there is!

Travel here is: A) crap
B) expensive

We can't all come to see you at your one and only sodding night in the UK.

Then, some of you out there only play bloody big fields or venues like aircraft hangers which need huge oxygen tankers outside just to get some bloody atmosphere in the gig. Of course, some of you bands will then just whinge about these vast auditoria being only half full. What's up, afraid the audience might be able to see you without a telescope?

Again, WE CAN'T ALL SODDING AFFORD IT!

Some of us survived "magical" venues like Croydon Fairfield, Stafford Bingley, Birmingham Odeon (or Odeous if you wish), Wolvo Civic, Bradford St George's, Glasgow Barrowlands, Newcastle Mayfair etc to put you where you bloody well are.

Bands like Saxon, WASP, Y&T etc are still out there playing loads of venues and getting good responses. My thanks to those bands.

If you guys want to keep music alive, consider the above and remember, we aren't all corporate wassocks who are sucking up the first ten rows of an amphitheatre whilst not giving a crap about the band. We're the buggers who spent most of our dosh on buying the album, shirt etc and who've just been ripped off at the bar.

Rant over. Maybe..."

Cheers!

Klingonbear :kickass: