TOM GABRIEL FISCHER Says His Opinion That TRIPTYKON Shouldn't Do AT THE GATES Tour 'W

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Planet Mosh TV conducted an interview with former HELLHAMMER/CELTIC FROST and current TRIPTYKON singer, guitarist, and main songwriter Tom Gabriel Fischer (a.k.a. Tom Gabriel Warrior) on December 6 in Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom during TRIPTYKON's European tour with Swedish metallers AT THE GATES. You can now listen to the chat in the YouTube clip below.Regarding how TRIPTYKON's tour with AT THE GATES came about, Tom said: "We received this offer. At the time, I, personally, wasn't aware that [AT THE GATES] were on [the same record label as TRIPTYKON, which is] Century Media. We received this offer and we discussed it, and in the true Swiss tradition, we took a democratic vote in the band."He continued: "I formed this band, but I'm not the band dictator. I want it to be a band, so we always vote on everything. And I was the only one to vote against this tour, and I was outvoted, so here I am. And as it turns out, my opinion was the right one, but we are here, and we will continue this tour as good as we can."Asked if TRIPTYKON would ever consider going out on a headlining tour with a more diverse lineup of support bands, Tom responded: "Of course. I would love that. Absolutely."He continued: "As it happens, we sell very well. I probably shouldn't go into more details. But we sell very well versus AT THE GATES, and our promoter and our agent have said we should do a headline tour. "I would like to be on a headline tour right now of TRIPTYKON and have more playing time and more freedom and more stage props. But, as I said, we've decided as a band to be on this tour, and that's what we're doing now, but we definitely are looking at a headline tour for 2015. And then we hopefully will also have our say in what bands we wanna take on the road, and, of course, I would be very open…"Tom added: "If you look at my influences ever since the CELTIC FROST days, they've ranged from jazz to classical to new wave to all kinds of things. So I'm very open-minded. If a tour lineup creates a certain vibe, a certain aura, a certain feel, then it's fine with me. It doesn't have to be all straight metal."TRIPTYKON's second album, "Melana Chasmata", was released on April 15, 2014 (one day earlier internationally). The CD was made available through a collaboration between TRIPTYKON's own label, Prowling Death Records Ltd., and renowned metal giant Century Media Records. This is the same label partnership responsible for CELTIC FROST's final album, "Monotheist" (2006), HELLHAMMER's "Demon Entrails" demo compendium (2008), and TRIPTYKON's debut album, "Eparistera Daimones", and "Shatter" EP (2010).Like its predecessor "Eparistera Daimones", the album was produced by Warrior and guitarist V. Santura and recorded and mixed at V. Santura's own Woodshed Studio in southern Germany as well as at TRIPTYKON's rehearsal facilities in Zurich, Switzerland, in 2013 and 2014. TRIPTYKON consists of V. Santura (guitar, vocals), Norman Lonhard (drums, percussion), Vanja Slajh (bass, vocals), and Tom Gabriel Warrior (voice, guitars).
triptykonatthegatestour2014poster_638.jpg

More...