TOM KEIFER Has No Interest In Revisiting Unreleased CINDERELLA Demos For His Solo Band

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Tom Keifer has told Sonic Perspectives in a new interview that he has no plans to revisit any of his previously unreleased CINDERELLA song ideas for his current solo project. "The most leftover songs are from the first record," Tom explained. "That is why they warn you about the sophomore jinx, because you spend your entire life writing for that first record. There were 60 songs going into 'Night Songs', and we picked ten. We never went back to that pool except once for 'Hot And Bothered', which was on the 'Wayne's World' soundtrack. "I've always moved forward with my writing," he continued. "'Long Cold Winter' was written on the 'Night Songs' tour while we were experiencing new things. We wrote ten songs, and they were all on the record. There weren't any leftovers. And same with 'Heartbreak Station' and 'Still Climbing'. The old 'Night Songs' demos are out there somewhere on bootleg. I don't think there is anything in that batch that I would ever get back to." Although CINDERELLA hasn't released a new studio album since 1994's "Still Climbing", the band started playing sporadic shows again in 2010 but has been largely inactive for the last few years while Keifer has toured as a solo artist. Keifer released his second solo album, "Rise", on September 13 via Cleopatra Records. The disc sees Tom joined by his #keiferbandSavannah Keifer, Tony Higbee, Billy Mercer, Kendra Chantelle, Jarred Pope and Kory Myers. Tom recently told "The SDR Show" that he has no interest in doing CINDERELLA ever again. "I don't air any of our differences, but there's been many over the years, like all bands have," he said. "And, unfortunately, the wheels fell off of that — slowly. And it just is what it is. It's not where I wanna be anymore."

Continue reading...