Tom producing the new DRAGONLAND album

Oakenson

Nature's Child
Aug 2, 2003
Michigan, USA
Visit site
You can find the news on Dragonland's website here although I copied and pasted here as well:

Almost set for recording the new album now, From 1:st of June and 5-6 weeks Forward we'll be recording the yet untitled album in
Division One Studios with producer Tom Englund of Evergrey!

- - - - -

I do not know if anyone here enjoys Dragonland but I think they're a fantastic Power Metal band. Actually, they're in my top five Power Metal bands. All the same, I think this is great news that Tom will be producing the next album so we can expect excellent sound-quality! I can't wait!

I'm not familiar with Dragonland. But they must be good if Tom is producing them. They have signed to Century Media. And they have some rather cool song titles.

Yes. Dragonland is your traditional Power Metal band with Fantasy lyrics, great soloing (guitars and keyboards), excellent vocals and so on. I've liked them for a year or so now and I really think they're going to go somewhere. It is only a matter of time before you see Dragonland next to names like Blind Guardian and Rhapsody! ;)

how can you get in touch with the guys from evergrey?after seeing the blinded video on mtv2,i rushed out and bought all thier cds and have been hooked ever since.is there a email address or something so that i can thank them for putting out some of the best music i have ever heard in my life!any info would be greatly appreciated thanx.your darkest hour

yourdarkesthour said:
how can you get in touch with the guys from evergrey?after seeing the blinded video on mtv2,i rushed out and bought all thier cds and have been hooked ever since.is there a email address or something so that i can thank them for putting out some of the best music i have ever heard in my life!any info would be greatly appreciated thanx.your darkest hour

Or you can check out the section for contact info to band members (maybe it's not up yet), or you can just write their names@evergrey.net, like this:

tom@evergrey.net
rikard@evergrey.net
jonas...
henrik...
michael...

yourdarkesthour said:

If you made a thread with your appreciation I'm sure they'd see it because the members browse the forums from time to time.

I'd say they're comparable to Rhapsody (less symphonic), Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica among others too. They're very majestic sounding and use a good amount of keyboards although not to the level of Rhapsody or something.

If anyone is interested in hearing them I can extract a song or two from their two albums The Battle Of The Ivory Plains and Holy War and send them via AIM. If anyone is interested, just IM me at Oakenson.

Oakenson said:
Yes. Dragonland is your traditional Power Metal band with Fantasy lyrics, great soloing (guitars and keyboards), excellent vocals and so on. I've liked them for a year or so now and I really think they're going to go somewhere. It is only a matter of time before you see Dragonland next to names like Blind Guardian and Rhapsody! ;)

Our next album is going to be less power metal and more innovation, the fantasy is out too. We have recorded the entire album in pre-production and Tom seemed to like what he heard. We were in their studio the other week and I must say it's freaking state of the art.
It' going to be one hell of an album to record \m/ :D

[DRAGONLAND]Olof said:
Our next album is going to be less power metal and more innovation, the fantasy is out too. We have recorded the entire album in pre-production and Tom seemed to like what he heard. We were in their studio the other week and I must say it's freaking state of the art.
It' going to be one hell of an album to record \m/ :D

Excellent news! Well, I am a bit sad that the Fantasy elements will be gone since I love Fantasy ... :( However, I really look forward to the next album!