Tom S. Englund and Metal Mike speak Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Eh I don't hear TOO much Malmsteen in Tom's playing but some of the shred solos are I suppose influenced by him. As for Rising Force, it was covered a long while back. It was on a tribute album that I bought for like 2 bucks solely for the cover of Rising Force. The tribute album is called "A Guitar Odyssey: A Tribute to Yngwie Malmsteen."

Well, if they were to slit your throat they'd have to come to Florida to do it and I'm sure they wouldn't travel all that way without setting up a U.S. tour as well, right? So, if you have sacrificed yourself for the greater good then I think it was worth it, my friend. Of course, you may feel differently. :lol:

great cover. Always good to listen to it again. Malmsteen rules, but... he's the Paganini of our days? I think Metal Mike was a bit too enthusiastic about that.

thanks for sharing....this is " the essence of evergreytion..."
nicely done.
i searched for that cover for ages.
i still think tom's soloing aproach playing is much more interesting & unik than ingway's diminished endless scales.
thus they are both great players.
cheers
ikoz.

I loved Yngiwe when I was younger, and I think his early solo stuff is still fantastic. I saw him recently at a local gig and have never laughed so much at a gig in my life! He can still play well, but his ego ruined everything he did. He was a great influence on my own guitar playing, and although I've diversified away from it now, still can't help having my Yngiwe solo moments. Although I do save most of the posing for Guitar Hero :p