Tom Warrior's new band: Tryptikon (or whatever the name)

There was not much love going around for this album when it came around.
Did people not give it a chance?

I am getting into it at the moment as an extension of exposing myself to Celtic Frost in a focused manner for the first time. One thing I can say about it is that it is crushingly heavy. I also feel that it is a grower that you need to listen to, not just hear as ambience while you are doing something else.

hmm ... I just sat through the entire disc in one sitting, which I rarely do nowadays. not sure what made me do it as I am not overly impressed.
I guess I was waiting for "that" track that will blow me away but it didn't come.

its a pretty good, somewhat immersive record but I have numerous issues with it right away

- every freaking song it seems has a shitload of "I" and "you" in the lyrics ... I shall perish, you shall live ... I will, you do, etc ... ad nauseum... weird. Not sure why I picked up on this
- Tom's vocal delivery is too flat on this disc ... very monotonous I think ... also his weird German accent is no longer existent. Me no likely this perfect English delivery.
- there is nothing really new here that was not done on Monotheist ... which is my biggest problem as no two CF discs were alike before and was expecting something somewhat different and I don't care what the name of the band is ... this is freaking CF continued.
- the production while heavy doesn't feel organic and seems too perfect which I think detracts from the overall heaviness.

but again ... solid effort ... just was expecting something more or at least "different"

curious what others think.

i call bullshit on all this now except for that "I" thing which still bothers ...

the EP works better for me.

still amazing live though ... go see 'em!

I cannot fucking wait. The first Tryptikon album rules so hard it makes me............unable to complete this thought.