Tomas left Nightrage

Here's some really bad news, at least for all Nightrage-fans (I'm one of them):

http://www.nightrage.com/index.asp

sais: "The bad news first. Tomas has decided to leave us and here is his statement:

Dear fans of Nightrage and metal in general, I´m sad to announce my departure from the mighty Nightrage. This is a band i joined some time ago to help my friend Marios out. But over the course of time I´ve grown deeply fond of being a part of this extraordinary band. But as you might know I´m a busy soul and have no other option that to give up one of my projects, only becuase of lack of time. My only comfort is that Nightrage now can continue at full speed without me holding them back. But i will continue to follow their career, cause i have great expectations for the future of this band. Hail Marios! Hail Nightrage."

There's already a new singer called Jimmie. Picture can be found here:
http://www.nightrage.com/pic/new_jimmie.jpg

So, let's see if he can fill the big hole Tomas leaves...

shit shit shit. this aint good news.
NIGHTRAGE was really cool and tomas fit in perfectly. lets hope "jimmy" will do a good job. and tomas will continue his great work with the great deceiver...but I think this is his MAIN band for the next time

i already read it this morning and I'm very sad. Tomas is the best singer I know besides Mikael. And I also think, that Nightrage isn't Nightrage anymore for me without Tompa. And since I don't like The Great Deceiver I don't profit in anyway from this.

It sucks that he's left, but he justified it well enough and at least it's not a fall out or anything like that. Maybe when he gtes some time again he'll be able to start helping out more.

I get the impression Nightrage wouldn't be where they were if it wasn't for Thomas, so all in all it's better that he came and went than never came at all.

Definitely a bummer to read that. But thankfully I DO like The Great Deceiver, so hopefully that means a followup to "Terra Incognito" will be possible in the near future.

sad that he left but do they have a demo with the new singer. i have DIC and that is a fuckin great album!

Yeah, we certainly wouldn't want any threads on this board that have nothing to do with Dark Tranquillity. Imagine the horror. The most active threads on this board usually have absolutely nothing to do with DT. Get over it.

This sucks! I was very much looking foward to seeing him live when they come around with God Dethroned and Lilitu in the fall! I don't know much of this Jimmy dude but hopefully he keeps them kickin. \m/

As some of you might know already the new guy has done some work for Deathdestruction, the death metalish side-project feat. Henrik Danhage & Jonas Ekdahl from Evergrey. You can listen to some clips on the following link: http://www.beyondearcandy.com/deathdestruction.htm

And when it comes to Tompa, as far as I know, he lives in Västervik on the swedish east coast these days so I can imagine that it complicates things when it comes to rehearsing and so on...

This could end up being better in the end as it's likely they'll be playing more shows/tours now. Maybe the new singer may end up being even better, we should at least give him a fair chance.

yeah I hope they will tour now and rock the world.
but tompa is a really cool guy, we talked really long when I met him this year, especially AT THE GATES stuff. and kristian wahlin(the swedish covergod ) is also a really nice person. as I have red somewhere The Great Deceiver will do a tour with cypher system perhaps this year( I hope they do, 2 of the newest fresh swedish bands killing the live stages of europe )
perhaps they(nightrage) will tour with DT, there were several rumours that DT will do a headliner tour end of this year :OMG:

solefald and TGD