Tone test, Marshall JVM410H

Carlsman

Jul 6, 2007
Sundsvall, Sweden
Hi
Just got my new amp a few days ago and I am very happy about it, it sounds really great.
I'm about to record a poppunk band so I was trying to get a sound similiar to Blink182.
Drums are DFHS with Slate samples.
No bass recorded yet.

Soundclick

Any comments on the mix would be great.

sounds very cool dude! 'ave been looking at this amp for a few days now; seems a pretty cool amp, do you happen to know how it compares with the old marshall 800's? let me know!

how did you record these guitars?

would you mind posting a clip with the DI out of the Marshall? Really interested in that!

thanks man!

I haven't tried a JCM 800 so I wouldn't know. But the JVM is a great amp. It can do pretty much any genre. A local metalband recorded their new album with a JVM410H and it sounds really good. Unfortunately their record label hasn't released the album yet so I can't give you any clips. Their myspace is www.myspace.com/closersweden I'm pretty sure they will have some clips up soon from their new album.

I recorded the clip through the FX Send and then used impulses.
The chain was ESP Eclipse w/ SD > JVM410 OD1 Orange > FX Send > Firestudio > Boogex

I'll post a DI clip later today. Any specific channel/setting you want to hear?

cool, just the od1 should be fine.. should be interesting :)
thanks for the info!

excellent tone...its very clear, but thick at the same time

nice

drums are great too. i love the slate stuff

Thanks for all the comments!
The guitars are quiet, indeed.

I'm sorry I haven't uploaded the preamp tracks yet I've had problems with my internet connection. But I'll get them up somehow tomorrow for you!

Hopefully I will record bass this weekend and try to get a nice sound out of that to.

awesome, and no worries!
sounds like one awesome amp to me..