Priampus Distortus test song/mix

exzem

May 4, 2009
Sweden
Hi there,

I recorded this quick song to test the Priampus distortus from acmebargig. I used soloC crunch as a boost, and finally a little bit of tape saturation from the free plugin ferox. The guitars are only dual tracked and abit sloppy but I just recorded something real quick to have something to mix :)

Drums are superior and bass studio devil.

Soundclick: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=960121&songID=7816352

Dropbox: http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1063820/priampus_test_mix.mp3

What do you think about the tone (or the mix)?

i like your last guitar sounds.;) this is not very good for me.:rolleyes:
could you show bass settings?
:)

i need to get good sound with bass...

Well there seems to be a low end rumble from somewhere? Cool tune though. I don't know if its the bass or guitar civing that rumble. Bur get rid of that and I think you're have a great sound..
KM

I think preampus is more gainy than soloC, maybe someone else could dial in a better sound than me.

Bass is pretty simple, 2 tracks everything above 300 hz into crunchy bass preset, after that TSS drive 5, tone 6.5 , level 6.5. Everything under 400 hz into pillow soft preset with some extra comp afterwards removing 5-6 db. The low end track is 2-4 db higher in the mix than the high end one.

Well there seems to be a low end rumble from somewhere? Cool tune though. I don't know if its the bass or guitar civing that rumble. Bur get rid of that and I think you're have a great sound..
KM

Yeah I agree, lowered the bass abit, also did a slight eq change to the gtrs, not sure what it is, just been listening through my headphones. Updated the mix above.

Definately more gain. It was designed around 2 types of gain, driving the second tube and driving the power amp. So gain 1 low and gain 2 high drives the power amp, where as gain 1 hi and gain 2 lower drives the second tube..

I think you had a good sound out of it, it had clarity, but the bottom end in th overall mix was just a little rumbly...Overall good though..
KM

edit: Just noticed that you updated the track...MAN you are so close! That sound is almost all there...Dude to get rid of that High mid ear piercing, throw our cabinet enhancer on it...Make sure ear is cranked and the LFE somewhere around 1:00, but either way I think its there man! Also use its built in EQ to save some CPU, Cab enhancer is a pig!

KM

man i love your kick... its DAMN NICE... what sample is that? any info on processing? hey guitar sound is very good too love how those harmonics sound... all best mate!

I used a kick sample the user mefourtwelve posted, just removed some highs from it and a little bit of reverb.

JohnnyMcFly: hehe, first I didn't understand what you where talking about with the ear stuff, then I noticed that I had the wrong plugin, your CabShaper instead of CabEnhancer :lol:

Anyway I downloaded the CabEnhancer and tried it out. I noticed when using the low pass filter that it seems to do strange stuff. The high pass filter seems to work like expected. For example if I set the LP to 3000 hz I still get lots of frequencies over 3000 afterwards. What do you mean by LFE?

Just noticed you guys released even more stuff, wow can't keep up trying it out:lol:
Big thanks to you guys for doing this.

hey man thanks for the info! i found that kick i will play with it to see if i can get something like this :) all best mate!

You're welcome exzem..
LFE Stands for Low Frequency Enhancer...LFE 1 Works around the 120 hz area where LFE2 works around the 40HZ area. LFE2's signal is also ran through a compressor and you can get to those settings by pressing the LFE Options button.

Low Pass I have had a problem where the scaling of frequencies is very close together, so Hold shift down while turning the cutoff. I'll fix that soon
KM