Tonight... Can we escape from ourselves...

SyX-Fan

Dec 29, 2002
Denmark
Just wondering if I am the only one who finds songs like The Raging Season, Rapture or Pain, and Dressed To Kill really really cool? It's like there is some "old" SyX and some "new" SyX.. Both rule, but I can't imagine Russell Allen on some of the old tracks.. Just as I can't imagine Rod Tyler on some new stuff...

If I am making sense, feel free to post a comment :D

I like that stuff. Shades Of Grey and Premonition are my favorites from s/t. However, I can't get the picture of Tim Owens singing on that album out of my head.

Tim "Ripper" Owens is the singer for Judas Priest. I heard rumors that Russel was leaving the band and Owens was going to replace him. Of course this turned out to be false (Thank GOD). I don't know what Dado-X is referring to, as Owens did not sing on the first album. ??? Although it probably would have been much better if he had! Ha ha.

Originally posted by scanner313
Tim "Ripper" Owens is the singer for Judas Priest. I heard rumors that Russel was leaving the band and Owens was going to replace him. Of course this turned out to be false (Thank GOD). I don't know what Dado-X is referring to, as Owens did not sing on the first album. ??? Although it probably would have been much better if he had! Ha ha.
I was refferring to Tyler's vocal similarity to Owens. Of course, Owens is a 100 times better vocalist, but some on parts on the album those two's mid-range is very similar. Especially the chorus of Thorns Of Sorrow - that part sounds very much like Tim Owens. I guess it's just me, I don't know...

The guys call the first "Symphony X" release a "DEMO" and they don't really care for it.
But...I find some of the songs are great. I think it would be awesome if they chose some of them for new versions with Russ. I like their earlier songs just as much as their new. Every album they release is different. I'm already anxious for anoher one!

I like the debut cd, and I would like to hear more versions of those songs with Allen. Michael Romeo does some of his most insane solos on that cd! Definitely some influence from the Dark Chapter stuff there.

I think it would be uber cool if Symphony X would redo the Self-Titled album, like they did to Masquerade. It would slay with Russell on vox and better production.

I was listening to the s/t last night.

My favorites are The Raging Season and Absinthe and Rue.
but..on the whole I don't like it that much.
Sorry Dado, but except for the solo, I can't stand Shades of Grey!
That chorus? C'mon man, I'd like some good strong wine with that CHEESE.

Dressed to Kill fucking rocks!
One of my favorite solos, and of course the Bach thing which I've mentioned several times.

Season's changing now - summer's come
and I'll be on my own
just bear another day

I have wondered - if I can turn back hands of time
I'll try, just try another way

Oh, come on! That part is brilliant!