Tony MacAlpine has a mass in his intestine:

From his FB page and his website:

Last week I was taken to the hospital with severe stomach pains. Following blood work, multiple MRI scans and various procedures, medical doctors discovered a large mass in my intestine, and it seems likely that we are dealing with cancer. My doctors have advised me that this will need to be dealt with immediately, and I am scheduled for surgery this week. Recovery from this surgery will take a month - right when I was scheduled to tour the Australasian region.

Get well Tony!

Yeah just hated to hear this news, hopefully he'll come through it a la Bruce Dickinson; one of my all-time favorites!!!

Rock Royalty Join Forces For A Benefit Concert For Tony MacAlpine

"...The Benefit for Tony MacAlpine will take place at the Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles on December 12, 2015, at 7:00pm, featuring performances from John 5 & The Creatures, Zakk Wylde with Mike Portnoy, Billy Sheehan and Derek Sherinian; Steve Vai and band, and culminating in an all-star jam with house band Portnoy, Sheehan, Sherinian featuring special guests. Eddie Trunk will serve as master of ceremonies for the night.

In addition to this extraordinary musical event, Steve Vai, John 5, Joe Bonamassa, Steve Stevens, Paul Gilbert, Steve Lukather and Joe Satriani have all graciously donated personal guitars to be auctioned during the event. Simon Philips has dontated a signature snare. Tony’s gear manufacturers Ibanez, Hughes & Kettner, EMG Pickups, Ernie Ball, Source Audio and Voodoo Lab have also generously donated equipment to be raffled.

“Tony is a dear friend, an absolutely sweet human being and one of the most talented musicians I’ve ever worked with,” says Mike Portnoy, “We are coming together to help raise money and awareness to help him fight his battle and come out on top!” Adds Steve Vai, “It’s a great privilege to take to the stage with my friends Zakk, John, Mike and Billy in support of our dear friend Tony. Tony has always been blessed with an exceptional talent and more so, he’s an exceptionally cool guy. It’s a great cause and will be a magical evening of guitar extravaganza.”

“Tony has been such an inspiration to me,” says John 5, “He is an incredible musician and an unbelievable talent. Please let’s all come together and beat this!”
“Tony is our brother. We look forward to making a historical night, and raising a lot of money to help our friend in need.” said Derek Sherinian....

...Tickets are on sale Saturday November 7, at 10am PT through LiveNation.com, with all proceeds going to help Tony and his family. A GoFundMe campaign will be set up for fans who can’t make the show, but still want to contribute.

Doors will be at 7 pm with the show set to begin at 8 pm. For tickets, visit www.livenation.com..."

tonymacbenefitnov.jpg

TONY MACALPINE - EXTREME GUITARIST NUNO BETTENCOURT ADDED TO BENEFIT SHOW

Last edited:
BENEFIT FOR TONY MACALPINE A SWEEPING SUCCESS; AUCTION CONTINUES ONLINE WITH MORE ITEMS FROM KISS, THE WINERY DOGS, AND OTHERS ADDED

"...This past Saturday, December 12, the Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles housed a rousing night of music – The Benefit For Tony MacAlpine – featuring stellar performances by Steve Vai, Zakk Wylde, Mike Portnoy, Billy Sheehan, Derek Sherinian, Tom Morello, John 5, Nuno Bettencourt, Ritchie Kotzen, and Paul Gilbert.

The stage was set alight with individual performances, concluding in an all-star jam for the ages.

The show also kicked off a week-long auction benefitting MacAlpine (who was recently diagnosed with colon cancer) and his family (his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year). There are still more amazing items available for auction. The following have just been added:

-An Ibanez RG Iron Label 7-string signed by all guitarists at the show
- Mike Mushok’s (Staind) PRS Baritone Guitar signed by Mike and his band Saint Asonia
- Eric Singer’s custom snare drum signed by all the members of KISS
- Sabian Paragon Crash cymbal signed by the musicians at the show
- Simon Phillips’ (Toto) signature snare
- Neil Peart’s 10” Paragon Splash cymbal - signed by Neil
- Virgil Donati’s Sabian Signature Saturation Crash
- Mike Portnoy’s Sabian Signature Crash 14” cymbal played on Winery Dogs Tour
- Mike Portnoy’s Sabian Signature China 12” cymbal played on Winery Dogs tour
- Bass lessons from Rudy Sarzo

Bidders can visit this location to throw their hat into the ring. Fans can additionally donate at Go Fund Me...."

TONY MACALPINE POSTS NEW UPDATE - "I WILL BE RETURNING TO THE STUDIO TO WORK ON MY NEWEST INSTRUMENTAL RELEASE"

“In August and September I will be returning to the studio to work on my newest instrumental release that has long been in the making, but regrettably had to be delayed due to uncontrollable circumstances.

“It has been a year since Concrete Gardens was been released, and in that time I have had much time to reflect on the very long journey that I have been on since my first album Edge Of Insanity. It is with love and respect that I thank you all for traveling with me on this adventure since the beginning!

“I am thrilled to announce that I have been given the green light to return to performing live, and will do that starting on April 30th on tour in Europe with Michel Polnareff.”

Reactions: Kez and Mardoch
TONY MACALPINE - "ALL IS WELL IN MEDICAL LAND"

"...Guitar virtuoso Tony MacAlpine was diagnosed with colon cancer in August 2015. A year later and he has posted the following update on his
Facebook page:
"It’s been a while since I have reached out to you, but now the good fortune of health and timing is allowing me to do so. I have been feeling back to normal and tests indicate that all is well in medical land. Deep and sincere thanks to you all for your wonderful support through this very difficult last 12 months.
I will be playing a run of US West Coast shows in October with my trio: Aquiles Priester (drums) and Bjorn Englen (bass). There will be some solo / headline shows, and some very cool shows supporting Steve Vai!
We are looking forward to seeing you at the shows. I will be playing some carefully selected material from my repertoire. The band and I are very anxious to play for even more of you around the world in the next 12 months."

Tony MacAlpine Tour Dates:
October
7 - Studio City, CA - The Baked Potato
8 - Riverside, CA - Fox Performing Arts Center*
9 - Las Vegas, NV - House Of Blues*
11 - San Diego, CA - House Of Blues*
12 - Ventura, CA - Ventura Theater*
13 - San Francisco, CA - The Fillmore*
14 - Sacramento, CA - Ace Of Spades*
16 - Portland, OR - Revolution Hall*
17 - Seattle, WA - Studio Seven
20 - San Diego, CA - Brick By Brick