Tony MacAlpine may have cancer

Traxan

Mar 10, 2012
Anyone here have contact with Nilli? I know she plays in his band.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/to...tralia-tours-due-to-illness-cancer-suspected/

Legendary guitarist Tony MacAlpine has announced the postponement of his previously scheduled tours in Asia and Australia. He explains in a statement: "Last week I was taken to the hospital with severe stomach pains. Following blood work, multiple MRI scans and various procedures, medical doctors discovered a large mass in my intestine, and it seems likely that we are dealing with cancer. My doctors have advised me that this will need to be dealt with immediately, and I am scheduled for surgery this week. Recovery from this surgery will take a month — right when I was scheduled to tour the Australasian region."

He already had all his gear stolen on tour this year. Definitely a bad year for him.

Just saw on his Facebook page that they took the tumor out and it doesn't appear to have spread, so he may not need chemo. I've been told that in some cases with colon cancer, you get lucky in that it forms outside the colon instead of inside and that makes it real easy to remove and they can get all of it, which means no chemo/radiation necessary. That will speed recovery and minimize damage, because in a lot of cases, the chemo is worse than the cancer. Looks like someone upstairs was looking out for Tony.