Tony MacAlpine Tour

I know that the folks who don't live in major metropolitan areas will roll their eyes, but I have a serious first world problem here. The night that MacAlpine will be in Chicago for this upcoming tour is the same night that Eric Martin will be in town for his solo tour. Sometimes, it's just as bad to get all of the shows in your area as it is to get none of them!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I know that the folks who don't live in major metropolitan areas will roll their eyes, but I have a serious first world problem here. The night that MacAlpine will be in Chicago for this upcoming tour is the same night that Eric Martin will be in town for his solo tour. Sometimes, it's just as bad to get all of the shows in your area as it is to get none of them!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I used to solve that issue by seeing if one of them are also playing Milwaukee on a different night. Can't do that anymore down in KC.... :cry:

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert
This lineup with Tony, Aquiles, and Bjorn has some great chemistry going, I'm looking forward to seeing them again at the end of May. Then again, I'm a much bigger fan of Tony MacAlpine than Eric Martin so it's easy for me to make a biased recommendation.

Oh, to have such problems...... :)

I'd vote Tony every time; if it were Mr. Big instead of just Eric Martin, I might feel differently.....

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I've seen Eric Martin's solo and acoustic shows before......both really awesome, he is a top showman. I don't think you can do wrong w/ either....I will be going to the Eric Martin show.

The first world problems of Chicago music fans are truly something, aren't they?:lol:

Actually, I noticed that MacAlpine will be in Indianapolis the night before he plays Chicago. If I take some time off from work, I could see MacAlpine in Indy on June 18th, then Eric Martin in Bolingbrook on the 19th, and finally go back to Bolingbrook on the 20th to see Lynch Mob! Problem solved!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Wow, just getting my first listen to CONCRETE GARDENS, this may be the best MacAlpine release I've heard in 20 years, amazing!!!

Tony Macalpine’s gear stolen in Austin, TX, tour dates uncertain

Yesterday Tony Macalpine made an announcement on his Facebook page stating that while at at hotel in Austin, Texas, their trailer was broken into and that all of Tony’s guitars were stolen. However, the list of stolen goods extends far past just his guitars, all of their basses, drums, some amps, pedals, and miscellaneous gear was also taken.

This incident has turned the whole tour upside down, with the possibly of not being able to continue at all. Luckily the band was able to perform by borrowing equipment last night, however the rest of the tour is up in the air.

Friends,Our trailer was broken into overnight at our hotel in Austin, TX, and the thieves stole all of Tony’s guitars….
- his black Ibanez Guitars custom 7-string with EMG Pickups installed (serial LA071509);
– his white Ibanez 7-string with black EMG 707 pickups (serial LA0168);
The above guitars are Tony’s only two Ibanez 7’s and he has been photographed with them extensively.
Also stolen were a Peavy EVH sunburst, a white Carvin 7-string; plus Tony’s pedalboard.

All of Bjorn’s basses were stolen:
– Carvin Amplifiers Blue PB 4 custom
– Carvin Black PB 5 custom
– Carvin SeaFoam Green PB 5
– 2 Carvin wireless transmitters with Guitar straps (inkl 1 red custom alligator)
– Misc. Tools, strings, batteries etc etc

Aquiles Priester‘s drum gear was also stolen:
Mapex USA Drums Saturn IV
1 X 8″X7″ Rack Tom
1 X 10″X8″ Rack Tom
1 X 12″X9″ Rack Tom
1 X 10″X4″ Snare (Steel)
1 X 6″X4″ LP Timbale

1 X Eletronic bag with:
– cables
– heaphones
– ipod support
– 4 roland triggers
– TM-2 roland module
– gibraltar spare parts

Paiste Cymbals
Paiste Bag 1:
1 X Rude China Basher 14”
2 X Rude Splash 10”
1 X 602 Splash 10”
2 X Signature Splash 8”
2 X 2002 PsychOctopus Giga Bell Ride 18”
1 X Signature Heavy Hi-Hat 14”
1 X 2002 Sound Edge Hi-Hat 15”

Paiste Bag 2:
1 X Signature Power Crash 17”
3 X Signature Power Crash 18”
1 X Signature Power Crash 19”
1 X Rude Basher 18”
1 X Rude Thin Crash 18”
1 X Rude Thin Crash 19”
2 X Signature Heavy China 18”

As you can imagine, this has completely disabled our tour. When you take a musician’s instruments you remove their livelihood.

Please share this post! We hope our network of friends and fans can help us recover our gear.

Posted by Tony MacAlpine on Thursday, June 11, 2015

I feel horrible for the band, and everyone else involved with this tour.

People who steal shit need to be flogged publically. With barbed wire for those who steal gear!

TONY MACALPINE - GOFUNDME CAMPAIGN LAUNCHED TO REPLACE STOLEN GEAR AFTER FANS OFFER DONATIONS

"...We are fortunate that our fans, fellow musicians, and endorsement companies have been able to loan us some of the gear to cover what was stolen so we can continue the tour. This however does not cover the considerable cost to replace the equipment long-term, or the high costs of shipping replacement equipment to us on the road.
Many of our very generous fans wrote to us asking where they could make a donation to get us back on track. We are deeply appreciative of these kind offers, so we decided to set up a GoFundMe campaign.
Thanks for your overwhelming show of support..."

Go to this location for details on the GoFundMe campaign.

He's already got all of what he asked for and more. Good to see he's got such a solid fanbase to help bounce back from that.

TONY MACALPINE POSTS VIDEO MESSAGE TO THE FANS FOLLOWING GEAR THEFT; US TOUR TO CONTINUE THROUGH JUNE

"Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the enormous show of support we have received after the majority of our instruments and equipment were stolen from our tour trailer in Austin, TX on June 11th. We are humbled and truly grateful for your kindness and generosity. The tour will continue, thanks to you! We hope to see you at one of the shows, and look forward to meeting you afterwards. The tour continues through June. See our tour dates at this location."

TONY MACALPINE COMPLETES US TOUR FOLLOWING GEAR THEFT; SHOWS FOR KOREA, JAPAN, UK AND EUROPE ANNOUNCED

Guitar legend Tony MacAlpine and his band, who recently wrapped their US tour, had their gear stolen during an overnight stop in Austin, TX in June. They continued to tour using borrowed equipment. MacAlpine has checked in with the following message:

"Thank you to all who came out to rock with me, Bjorn Englen and Aquiles Priester on the 2015 Concrete Gardens US Tour. We had a blast playing for you, and we were also touched by your personal support as well as the incredible help from our endorsement companies, which enabled us to keep the tour going after the unfortunate theft that occurred.
Thanks also to our brothers LoNero for their support, and friendship; our new friends Hephystus for joining us through the midwest; and Blue Mouth Promotions LLC.
See you all again very soon!"

Last edited by a moderator: