Too many projects/bands with Dan I haven't even heard of

paradoxile

Den Sista Ljusbäraren
Jul 20, 2004
Israel
myspace.com
I came across some band names and projects Dan was involved in that I know nothing about.
whoever has info please serrender it immediatly :hotjump:

Jhva Dance
Brejn Dedd
De infernal
Diabolical Masquerade
Exhumation
Godgory
Overflash
Mork Gryning
Wounded Knee
Maceration

the rest I pretty much know about or never heard of.

Brejn Dedd is some 80's thrash band that released like 3 demos.

Diabolical Masquerade is one of the best black metal bands ever. Dan on Drums and silly backing vocals.

Maceration is some old-school death metal band that released an album with Dan on vocals in the early 90's, supposedly nothing spectacular, but if you like early death metal, you might like it.

No idea about the others.

overflash - Threshold To Reality[1993](Dan Swano -Drums and Effects). Some kind of metal, strange modulated vocal never heard anything similar.

madu said:
Diabolical Masquerade is one of the best black metal bands ever. Dan on Drums and silly backing vocals.

Dan only did drums on Nightwork I believe. And I also remember Dan saying in a seperate thread about DM that he didn't sing with the band at all, that all the vocals were Blakkheim. His major involvement with the band was producing the albums, and he played some guitar solos.

EDIT: I misread Dan, he said he didn't do vocals on Death's Design, not on every album.

karpsmom said:
Dan only did drums on Nightwork I believe. And I also remember Dan saying in a seperate thread about DM that he didn't sing with the band at all, that all the vocals were Blakkheim. His major involvement with the band was producing the albums, and he played some guitar solos.

Yea, he only did drums on Nightwork. The first album was programmed, and the 2nd and fourth had some english guy on them (I believe).

Dan was also involved in a lot of the "Death's Design" album, editing, producing, arranging etc, i think.

He did falsetto on a couple of songs, I think it was just "Death's Design" where all the vocals were Blakkheim!

Wounded Knee is a punk band. Godgory is an art/folk metal band. Dan participated in Wounded Knee. I believe all he did for Godgory was produce... but he might've done some keys or something.

I think all the god-like vocals (heh) on Nightwork are by Dan (OUT OF MY WAY, WRETCHED HUMAN, DO I LOOK LIKE GOD TO YOU? etc), and in the Dreadventurouz chorus it's definitely Dan doing the death-growl.

I didn't know he did drums only on Nightwork, though.

Wounded Knee was a punk band right? Dan was in another punk band as a drummer once too, right? What were they called?

he says it's some of his best drumming, from back when he was pretty much just a drummer/vocalist

Yeah, Diabolical Masquerade are pretty fucking dope! =) Dan did work on Death's Design, too. It says:

Music Score Composed And Produced By BLAKKHEIM and DAN SWANO
Music Edited, Assembled And Mixed By DAN SWANO At The Sanctuary Except Drums Edited By...
Keyboards, Ambiences And Lead Guitar Solo On "Keeping Faith" Plus Keyboard Solo On "A Hurricane Of Rotten Air" By DAN SWANO

There's a ton of shit I haven't heard by Dan. I just today got the MP3 CD in the mail with all the Unicorn material on it. Holy crap is it not what I expected! Hahaha.

Just heard two albums by diabolical masquerade
Death's design is fucking amazing and Blackheim's autobigraphy aka Revendusk in my heart.;)great shit!