Tool - Lateralus era (Overloud TH-1 and Recabinet)

drew_drummer

Dancefap
Sep 7, 2008
London, UK
Ticks And Leeches Intro + Verse

This is a sort of Tool lateralus era tone - which isn't that much different from the 10,000 Days album imo.

Anyway.... Made two presets; so three amps in total, with a cab each with two impulses running - Recabinet 2: Modern impulses. Marshall for the JCM900 amp, Mesa for everything else.

Not totally sure how close it is; I think it is pretty close... close enough anyway. I think I more wanted to test out the signal chain that Joe Barresi describes in his Mixonline interview:

Barresi Interview

sounds pretty damn close to me, I think the 10,000 days stuff is a bit woofier in the guitars, really very close to the lateralus tone. kick ass

Can you post a pic of your "amps" setup? Did you use both 57 and 421 impulse on every head as Barresi did? If you used both mics,did you use the Fredman technique or were both mics straight? What did you do eq-wise? Great tone man!!!

I'll post more details sometime this week, and I'll post the TH-1 presets, as well as the Reaper track-template to get it working. All I did was setup the amps, have it going into a IR cab section, and loaded two impulses; a 421 and 57 in different positions; I forget which positions.

Recabinet is awesome :)