Toontrack Metal Machine (new EZX)

What a trip I had last night... I was actually dreaming about this product (I'm not kidding) and they were recording all the drums in some kind of small auditorium, with giantly thick and uncovered rockwool as bass traps... and listen to this - there was Andy, walking into the auditorium with Chad Smith (???) who was supposed to do all the hitting...
Damn, I ought to check my head...

4metalessentials_2.png

5presets_2.png

I have Superior 2 and Metal Foundry and was going to shell out for some Slate drums to blend with my current samples. Shall I just get Metal Machine for this purpose? As it sounds good and is cheaper.

Yes, but it was made by the exact same incompetent idiots that made The Metal Foundry (Meshuggah, Bergstrand etc.). This time around, those idiots backed off and let Andy make a Library. And if Andy was the only guy to make useable presets with TMF, just imagine what he could create if he was the sound engineer for a toontrack library and not the fuckwad Begrstrand and Fredrik Thordendal who can't engineer good tones if their lives depended on it. Same goes for Mattias Eklund.

Metal Foundry is an UNPROCESSED library, right? That means that the engineering don't have a shit to do with it, but it's actually you who completely suck at mixing drums. According to your description, your lack of skill is enough to make yourself really, REALLY pissed off. Interesting. Murder/suicide as a sollution? :Smokedev:

Hm, isn't it Mattias Eklund that's the third guy in the video? :rolleyes:

Metal Foundry is an UNPROCESSED library, right? That means that the engineering don't have a shit to do with it, but it's actually you who completely suck at mixing drums. According to your description, your lack of skill is enough to make yourself really, REALLY pissed off. Interesting. Murder/suicide as a sollution? :Smokedev:

+1!

I bought the download version because fuck you and here are my first thoughts:

Pretty cool. Not too keen on the cymbals personally and off course it doesn't sound exactly like sneap out of the box but still a nice addition to my samples collection.

EDIT:
Maybe the cymbals are nicer than I initially thought... They seems to cut through the mix nicely without excessive harshness... Hopefully I'll find some time to test them properly.

Yes, but it was made by the exact same incompetent idiots that made The Metal Foundry (Meshuggah, Bergstrand etc.). This time around, those idiots backed off and let Andy make a Library. And if Andy was the only guy to make useable presets with TMF, just imagine what he could create if he was the sound engineer for a toontrack library and not the fuckwad Begrstrand and Fredrik Thordendal who can't engineer good tones if their lives depended on it. Same goes for Mattias Eklund.

Is this a joke? Some bold words about people who don't even need to defend themselves based on everything they did in their careers which helped shape and inspire countless musicians, engineers, and software dev companies to deliver on any hope of a dude with little skill or means in AE putting out seemingly high quality music for people to listen to.

Think so too.

Samples of Metal Machine sound really really cool! Pitty I dont have the $ for it right now :cry:

I guess I'll get this later today .. fuck it

I'm a Tempesta fanboy since the Exodus days and Andy rubbed his funk on this so it'll most likely be the most usable thing I'm gonna get out of an EZX