Top 25 Dark Tranquillity Riffs!

Whoa! Way to go Displacer! That's exactly what I would have been doing for the past five years, if I just knew anything about tabs, riffs or guitars.

Anyway, it was a most interesting read and although I didn't have a clue about the tabs and didn't care to download the samples, I think I recalled the vast majority of them in my mind - and most of them are indeed great. Of course, I would have chosen a few different ones, but that's just tastes again...

-Villain

where's the "One Brooding Warning" chorus.. aka, the only DT riff I've attempted to play, and half-assed at that ;)

..oh, and more blots of balzing glod for everyone

Ormir has entered my mind and extracted the first though as I searched frantically. WHERE IS CRIMSON WINDS!? That intro riff is EASILY one of DT's best ever.....:mad:

comparing that list now that you've all heard the songs off of Damage Done. Does anyone feel some changes should be made. For example, the riff in Cathode Ray Sunshine from 0:00 - 0:41 or the one in Treason Wall from 0:00 to 0:21? I feel Damage Done has some of the greatest riff's i've ever heard off of one album, not discreting the past works of D.T. I love them all. But i'd have to say 4-5 of the songs of this album could make the top 25. Am i wrong?

Originally posted by Harvester of Sorrow
comparing that list now that you've all heard the songs off of Damage Done. Does anyone feel some changes should be made. For example, the riff in Cathode Ray Sunshine from 0:00 - 0:41 or the one in Treason Wall from 0:00 to 0:21? I feel Damage Done has some of the greatest riff's i've ever heard off of one album, not discreting the past works of D.T. I love them all. But i'd have to say 4-5 of the songs of this album could make the top 25. Am i wrong?

No, you're not wrong.
I like the quick solo on Hours Passed in Exhile.

Hm, after reading through the whole list, i disagree with alot of the picks :/

alot of them are from great songs, but the actual riffs themselves aren't that impressive or outstanding.. my list would be different..

only undisputable one on there is "punish my heaven" at #1 :]]

The riff from the song Damage Done, the one they play while Mikael screams "it seems these days are getting shorter!" is one that never fails to give me a hardon.